Turn Off Ads?
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 404647484950

Thread: 8/1/06 - Reds vs. Dodgers Game Thread

Re: 8/1/06 - Reds vs. Dodgers Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD
    If Cormier can't be used in high leverage situations, then he's pretty much useless and shouldn't have been traded for.
    The Phillies had stayed away from using him in those situations.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 8/1/06 - Reds vs. Dodgers Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD
    True, I don't fault Narron for using Cormier either. We've been harping on Narron in other games that he isn't utilizing his shiny new pen as well as he could. If Cormier can't be used in high leverage situations, then he's pretty much useless and shouldn't have been traded for. We've got plenty of guys to use in meaningless situations. I think it was a good idea to get Cormier out there and see what he can do. I'm not panicing about Cormier yet. Hopefully, he'll settle down.
    Narron did seem to be much quicker on the draw to pull BA. And he definatley used a fair number of the bullpen guys, including the new toys.

The shame is that defensive issues prolonged the inning and created situations where the pitcher had zero room for error. Not exactly an easy situation.

But Narron's bullpen MO was much different last night. He didn't leave the same guy in to get shelled. I know there is no difference between having one get shelled and several guys get shelled, but at least he made a move to pull BA, and actually used the bullpen.

It's a small step in the right direction.

Turn Off Ads?