Turn Off Ads?
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: Game thread 8/1: Brooklyn at Cincinnati

Re: Game thread 8/1: Brooklyn at Cincinnati

Well, now we will score 5 runs and lose by one! Ha.
    "Are you trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?!"

2. Turn Off Ads?

We get on a roll and we may lose our 3rd in a row.

Umpire
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by fisch11
    Look back...this one isn't on the bullpen. Between terrible defense and a blown call we gave the Dodgers 5 outs in the 7th inning.
    M'kay... you're right. I'll reserve judgment on the relief corps this time. I guess I should have said "so much for Kriv assembling a 'solid veteran defense' to compliment the pitching staff".

Nothing is worse than losing badly in frisbee (12-3) and then coming home to the Reds getting walloped. Just makes your cereal taste bad the next morning, if you know what I mean.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by fisch11
    Good thing is that Penny has been getting lit up since his overthowing show in the All-Star game....LA gave him an extra day rest to help. I think we can still take this series but it's just frustrating to beat yourselves when you need to play quality baseball for 2 months.
    I agree but the trend for the Reds is everytime a pitcher is struggling it seems like they get better against the Reds. I.E. Leiber, Maddux, and every other pitcher who pitches for the first time in the majors.

Clayton hits into a DP, how ironic.
    Cincinnati Reds
    VOTTO

Quote Originally Posted by keeganbrick
    Clayton hits into a DP, how ironic.
    It is CRAZY not to play Castro. Once again......
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

RotoHester

Here's my feelings on the night.

1)Freel should have had that ball with no trouble, costing us 1 out.

2)Clayton should have made the unassisted doubleplay with no trouble costing us another out. Regardless of the umps bad call, you have to make that play.

3)Narron double switching Valentine for Ross when you the pitcher would have been hitting 3rd the next inning. You were going to use a pinch hitter in that spot anyway, why make the double switch? Instead, you take out Ross, who was killing the ball, bring in Valentine thus removing one of your best sticks.

4)Bringing in Cormier with the bases loaded. This guy has a 1:1 SO/BB ratio, why bring him in a situation where he can't make a mistake? I understand the lefty/lefty stuff, but I think Narron makes a lot of bad moves ...and I stress a LOT

5)Valentine singles, Freel comes up and gets ahead 2-0. The pitches to Clayton were all over the place and he got himself out. Tomko threw 1 strike to Valentine and he lined a single. Freel gets up 2-0 and hacks away at a bad pitch. Why swing there? We need baserunners, why not take that pitch? The ump tightened his strike zone in the later innings, why not force Tomko to throw a strike there?

I'm growing tired of watching Griff pull the ball into the shift. I am growing tired of watching Freel fly out, every time he flies out...or even when he hits homers, I yell @ the screen "you're our leadoff hitter, hit the ball on the ground"...willie mays hays...everytime you pop out, you owe me 20 pushups.

This team has the worst fundamentals that I have seen in a long long time and it's simply making me sick. It almost seems like noone in the WC or the NL Central WANTS to win. It's like, here you take it...naw, you can have it...naw, you take it!!!

And I'm growing tired of watching Clayton lunge (with one hand no less) at outside pitches for the third strike. I don't know how many times he's done this, but it's often enough that it seems like every plate appearance.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

damn clayton pissed me off tonight with not only his play but his post game remarks:

"How far away was I from the bag?" Clayton said. "I had to get to the bag and make a perfect throw. I'm not perfect."

thank god st louis and arizona continue to lose as well

folks, we beyond lucky right now

RotoHester

Does he even realize we have a 2nd Baseman?

Turn Off Ads?