Re: Game thread 8-06-06

BP Ks
    Is it "next season" yet?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    How u doin

GAry Majewski Gary Majewski Gary Majewski U suck U suck U suck:thumbdown

narron cost us game by letting magic loose it and not putting Valentin in to pinch hit when he already has a pinch hit homer.. geeeesh

GOREDSGO32

Game over. The sad story of the year continues - another blown game. Getting Majeski for what we did is tantamount of paying someone $500 to kick you in the nads and break your jaw.

Let's take 3 of 4 from St. Louis starting tomorrow.
    Is it "next season" yet?

nice rally

How u doin

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo
    Let's take 3 of 4 from St. Louis starting tomorrow.
    If narrons the manager it wont happen

The number of games that we SHOULD have won, but that we ended up losing, is absolutely astounding. We should be running away from St. Louis, let alone the Wild Card.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan08

Well, I'll take my chances as opposed to throwing in the towel.
    Is it "next season" yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan08

Then go join the Yankees Board and ride their bandwagon!

RotoHester

I would have to agree. I simply do not understand why Narron did not have someone warming up when Maj came back in the 8th. It just doesn't make sense. You know he's had troubles, why not get someone loose just incase he loses it...which he in fact did. I just don't understand the thinking there.

That being said, I think it was a great series and gives everyone a little more hope. We really worked hard to win Friday and yesterday was no cupcake. Facing John Smoltz today with Kyle Loshe on the mound for the Reds, you couldn't really expect much today. Kyle was a pleasant surprise, Bray pitched well again, Coffey didnt' look horrible. Griff is finally swinging it again. I see a lot of positive things heading into the game tomorrow. Lets just hope EZ comes through for us.

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy
    The number of games that we SHOULD have won, but that we ended up losing, is absolutely astounding. We should be running away from St. Louis, let alone the Wild Card.

And the number of games we probably SHOULD have lost but came back and won is probably just as astounding. It happens. We've still got a winning record, still leading the WC, and still have a lot of ball to play. Who thought in April we'd be in this position the 2nd week of August?
    Is it "next season" yet?

RotoHester

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo
    And the number of games we probably SHOULD have lost but came back and won is probably just as astounding. It happens. We've still got a winning record, still leading the WC, and still have a lot of ball to play. Who thought in April we'd be in this position the 2nd week of August?

Apparently that's not enough for a lot of people on this board. I, for one, am extremely excited that the games this late in the year actually still mean something. The Cards haven't looked good @ all lately and the Reds are showing signs of waking up. These next few weeks could be very very exciting, or very very heartbreaking, but the fact that they matter is wonderful. I love it!!!!!!!!!

Great point Gizmo. We HAVE came back a crap load. Seems like every game we win is a come back, actually. Thank goodness we're in the NL

Ex-Tree

Quote Originally Posted by wojo1025
    Apparently that's not enough for a lot of people on this board. I, for one, am extremely excited that the games this late in the year actually still mean something. The Cards haven't looked good @ all lately and the Reds are showing signs of waking up. These next few weeks could be very very exciting, or very very heartbreaking, but the fact that they matter is wonderful. I love it!!!!!!!!!
    Can't please everyone, but to quote Meat Loaf--two out of three ain't bad.
    Semper Ubi Sub Ubi

Turn Off Ads?