Turn Off Ads?
Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 384445464748

Thread: August 7th - Reds vs. Cardinals - Game Thread

"So Fla Red"

Re: August 7th - Reds vs. Cardinals - Game Thread

Glad I missed the whole thing tonight...Keep in minds these invincible Cards have had the following games since the AS Break;

Back to Back 15-3 and 14-5 losses to the Braves sandwiced in-between an 8-game winning streak (at the Dodgers expense pre-trades)

Back-back 16-8 and 8-1 losses to the Phils last week in the middle of an ugly 8-game losing streak.

This is the first game in 23 since the AS Break that the Reds weren't right in it from the 7th inning onward.

Time to circle the wagons.

Baseball is a funny game...

2. Turn Off Ads?
    "So Fla Red"

Quote Originally Posted by redsrule2500
    My theory is that the Reds can't perform well in front of high attendance.

They get more nervous, much like a child more nervous to preform in front of their parents at a choir concert for instance.

Hope I'm wrong.
    Unfortunately, the culture of losing takes time to purge out of the system.

So while we're breaking the tension with Kinksy goodness...

I won't search for a house upon a hill
    Why should I, when I'd only miss you still
    For this is where I belong
    Oh, oh, this is where I belong

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred
    Glad I missed the whole thing tonight...Keep in minds these invincible Cards have had the following games since the AS Break;

Back to Back 15-3 and 14-5 losses to the Braves sandwiced in-between an 8-game winning streak (at the Dodgers expense pre-trades)

Back-back 16-8 and 8-1 losses to the Phils last week in the middle of an ugly 8-game losing streak.

This is the first game in 23 since the AS Break that the Reds weren't right in it from the 7th inning onward.

Time to circle the wagons.

Baseball is a funny game...

Same here. Was up all day conducting various errands on the new house and fell asleep (basically unconscious) around 6 PM. Woke up at midnight, turned on ESPN's Baseball Tonight, saw the score, mumbled something about ugly and went back to sleep.

Really surprised that they could only muster 1 run off of Jeff Weaver though.

Tommorrow's another day.
    Last edited by GAC; 08-08-2006 at 04:34 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    Same here. Was up all day conducting various errands on the new house and fell asleep (basically unconscious) around 6 PM. Woke up at midnight, turned on ESPN's Baseball Tonight, saw the score, mumbled something about ugly and went back to sleep.

Really surprised that they could only muster 1 run off of Jeff Weaver though.

Tommorrow's another day.
    I think you got the better end of the deal up there in Belly Fountain, GAC. I actually went against my deeply held moral convictions and left this monstrosity in the top of the 9th (it's against my religion to leave a ballgame early), but my wife and daughter were getting anxious to head home after my daughter's funny sleep night the night before (fell asleep after work at 7:30, woke up at 4:30 a.m.). Hoping we had the Cards right where we wanted them, I waited to hear 13 different explosions of fireworks as we walked back up to 5th Street to our car. Alas, it didn't happen.

Then I remembered the old axiom, "It's only one game" and wondered about why the Reds have for years make rookies and broken down old pitchers look like Cy Young (hell, we'd make Cy Young look like Cy Young!). And that's not a knock on this year's Reds only - that's been true for years and years.

So mumbling and going back to sleep probably was the better course.

[On a different note, deciding I didn't want to read all the well deserved vitriol in the PBP from the game, I decided to click on the "last page" and found the PBP in the ORG had apparently turned into a forum on Kipling and English literature - or so it would seem. I might have to sneak back a few pages and see how that turn came!]

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz
    [On a different note, deciding I didn't want to read all the well deserved vitriol in the PBP from the game, I decided to click on the "last page" and found the PBP in the ORG had apparently turned into a forum on Kipling and English literature - or so it would seem. I might have to sneak back a few pages and see how that turn came!]
    The only thing missing was some Capote..... "In Cold Blood" would have been appropriate.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz
    Picture book, pictures of your mama, taken by your papa, a long time ago.
    Picture book, of people with each other, to prove they love each other, a long ago.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker
    Picture book, pictures of your mama, taken by your papa, a long time ago.
    Picture book, of people with each other, to prove they love each other, a long ago.
    I love Dick and Jane!

Turn Off Ads?