Turn Off Ads?
Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 222829303132

Thread: 8-10-06 Game Thread

Re: 8-10-06 Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by KalDanielsfan
    today was a perfect example as to why some of us are pissed about not getting another quality starter, and losing some bats

if you cant score at home versus a guy like Reyes, with this much on the line, then you dont deserve to be in the playoffs. today was unacceptable.

But if you score against a guy like Carpenter or Izzy that is what?

2. Turn Off Ads?

I will say it again....

Arroyo isn't to blame. He pitched decent. Gave up 3 homers, 2 of which were solo shots, I believe.

He pitched 7 innings, gave up 4 runs, and struck out 8. In my opinion, that's a pretty good performance, and no reason why the Reds couldn't win a game like that....

....unless they face a rookie pitcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner
    But if you score against a guy like Carpenter or Izzy that is what?
    you are proving my point..scoring on carpenter and izzy..was that an anomaly? I mean if we can beat guys like that, we should beat up guys like Reyes, thus solidifying our standing as a seriousl playoff team.

but we didnt.

thats why I question this team sometimes.

today was a perfect example as to why some of us are pissed about not getting another quality starter, and losing some bats

if you cant score at home versus a guy like Reyes, with this much on the line, then you dont deserve to be in the playoffs. today was unacceptable.
    You want a better option than Arroyo? We had one of our best going today.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray
    You want a better option than Arroyo? We had one of our best going today.
    i dont have a problem with arroyo.. I was generally speaking....but we are 22nd in the majors in ERA...

i would lke to feel more comfortable with someone after harang and arroyo in our rotation. milton has been pretty good lately but I dont trust him.

you are proving my point..scoring on carpenter and izzy..was that an anomaly? I mean if we can beat guys like that, we should beat up guys like Reyes, thus solidifying our standing as a seriousl playoff team.

but we didnt.

thats why I question this team sometimes.
    So when the Cards got swept by the Cubs or the Royals beat the White Sox does that mean the Cards and White Sox are horrible teams?

Broad generalizations based off of one game, one serries or one plate appearahce are almost always wrong.

Of course we should beat up on Reyes. But we didn't Why waste time in "woulda, coulda, shoulda" ?

Besides your point was the outburst "we don't belong in the playoffs" because we lost today. That is what I was refuting.

you are proving my point..scoring on carpenter and izzy..was that an anomaly?
    Was only scoring 1 today an anomoly?
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498
    Was only scoring 1 today an anomoly?
    exactly. these are the questions I'm posing. It is just something to think about thats all.

Reds have been streaky all year. Both pre and post trade. So having AK and Lopez may have resulted in the exact same outcome.

The Reds have been owned by young/rookie pitchers this year. No shocking news there.

Really nothing more to it than that.

Turn Off Ads?