Re: 8/11/06 - Reds vs. Phillies - Game Thread

THis has to be a gamethread record. 1-3-2-1

2. Turn Off Ads?

Opening day thread had 1,427

Something to aim for
    Go Gators!

I just got done watching the game a few minutes ago. I don't know what to say.

I felt like tonight was a must win and it just didn't happen. On the bright side, Lohse actually looked like a decent pitcher tonight. I was amazed at how the first 7 innings flew by, and then it went in the can. Nice play by TH and a very nice effort by EdE. I'm not going to comment on the managing, as many have already done so. I don't think I or anyone else really has to say anything. The leash is growing shorter, I would imagine.

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but the Astros are sneaking back into the race. They have won 8 of 10. I pronounced them dead a couple weeks ago, but I guess the Reds are going to let them back in it.

The Cardinals lose to the lowly Pirates and, of course, the Reds can't take advantage. It's a good thing that the West stinks too.

Go get them on Saturday guys! I hope EZ is ok to go, if not, I guess it will be Milton.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85
    If Cormier was unavailable then Franklin should have stayed in the game.
    Yup.

Franklin should have pitched til the end, win or lose. It's one of the roles for a long guy like Franklin. Add in his adrenaline against his former team, and he was a good bet to hold them off the board a few more innings. Full agreement with you flyer.

Turn Off Ads?