Turn Off Ads?
Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 253132333435

Thread: Things That Used To Be Cincy But Are No More

Re: Things That Used To Be Cincy But Are No More

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    I haven't read the whole thread. Anyone mention Cincinnati Gardens? It's going to be torn down soon I hear. Lot of memories in that place.
    We got a thread about it.

Many a RedsZone outing began at 5th and Vine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Cincinnati Downtown the gift that keeps on leaving.
    It was fun to go back through this thread, one of my all-time favorites. Good to see that downtown Cincinnati has turned it around. Amazing to read posts from when this started of people talking about their four year old. A four year old that will probably have a driver's license in the next year or so. Time flies when you're having fun, Redszone.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

4. Likes:

Dom Heffner (09-28-2017),Falls City Beer (09-23-2017),RFS62 (09-19-2017),westofyou (09-18-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
    It was fun to go back through this thread, one of my all-time favorites. Good to see that downtown Cincinnati has turned it around. Amazing to read posts from when this started of people talking about their four year old. A four year old that will probably have a driver's license in the next year or so. Time flies when you're having fun, Redszone.
    Sounds like Over-the-Rhine has really popped too, this is good

6. Likes:

Dom Heffner (09-28-2017),wolfboy (09-18-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Sounds like Over-the-Rhine has really popped too, this is good
    That's because everyone who used to live there can no longer afford to live there.

Liberty Mall near 129 and 75 is jumping everyday of the week.

Outstanding thread. Makes me a little wistful. Though not in a bad way. I guess I just miss the shagginess and variety of America that has become so much corporate uniformity.

10. Likes:

Dom Heffner (09-28-2017),Joseph (09-24-2017)

Did anyone mention Crosley Field?
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Outstanding thread. Makes me a little wistful. Though not in a bad way. I guess I just miss the shagginess and variety of America that has become so much corporate uniformity.
    There is a lot of shagginess still. My son is helping to open the new restaurant at Rheingeist. Lots of funk there.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

13. Likes:

SunDeck (09-24-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    There is a lot of shagginess still. My son is helping to open the new restaurant at Rheingeist. Lots of funk there.
    My wife's nephew is the lead Brewer there; it's very cool to see the old brewery made new again. They really are doing it right. On the other hand, there are some places that I have visited and found to be too over the top for my liking. Taft's Ale House seemed like an attraction at an amusement park; my wife and I just turned right around and headed over to Arnold's. That's not to say I am not happy to see OTR ascending, but can understand the desire for it to retain some of it's grit. Long live Tucker's!
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

15. Likes:

BillDoran (09-26-2017),westofyou (09-24-2017)

I think there always will be some shagginess. You can't kill it entirely. Still, there's a monoculture-like consistency that is pervasive. Even older corporate stuff was not so uniform and cookie cutter. Everything feels run by a kind of corporate Soviet.

17. Likes:

SunDeck (09-28-2017),westofyou (09-24-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    I think there always will be some shagginess. You can't kill it entirely. Still, there's a monoculture-like consistency that is pervasive. Even older corporate stuff was not so uniform and cookie cutter. Everything feels run by a kind of corporate Soviet.
    Yeah. Lots of franchise-think.

Anyhow, go to Sartre OTR when they open. Zach tells me they are doing lots of great stuff there. He said it's his dream job.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    That's because everyone who used to live there can no longer afford to live there.
    I've live on the west coast for the past 35 years Berkeley-Santa Cruz-Palo Alto-Portland I've seen it first hand. day in and day out.. it's crazy when it flips so fast

Yeah. Lots of franchise-think.

Anyhow, go to Sartre OTR when they open. Zach tells me they are doing lots of great stuff there. He said it's his dream job.
    Should I try the Beer and Nothingness?
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

21. Likes:

marcshoe (09-27-2017)

Turn Off Ads?