Thread: Game Thread - 8-25: I bet Jr. homers in his 1st AB

Re: Game Thread - 8-25: I bet Jr. homers in his 1st AB

EE pops out to end the game.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    GOREDSGO32

Wow this game was just complete junk. Now is about the worst time to start losing games because teams behind us, like SD and Philly are playing some pretty hot baseball. If we even play mediocre baseball like this, the rest of this roadtrip, you can forget the playoffs with the way the phillies and padres are playing.

Quote Originally Posted by GOREDSGO32
    Game over boys. Back in 2nd, lose a game in the WC. We give up a freaking 2 run hit to a freaking pitcher. What a friggin joke.
    I really wish we could hear what Hume said to Franklin when he made his mound visit. Do you think it was something like this? "Just lay one in there on the first pitch and get ahead. He won't be expecting it." Or maybe it was, "He's had a lot of trouble in the past with mediocre fastballs down the middle." Or it could have been, "Let's let them get some more runs this inning so we don't risk an extra inning game with a day game tomorrow."

I am so frustrated that every time we get a smell of first place, we seem to forget how to hit (or sacrifice). Harang, without his best stuff, gives us a great chance to win and keep a share of the NL Central lead.

Wow this game was just complete junk. Now is about the worst time to start losing games because teams behind us, like SD and Philly are playing some pretty hot baseball. If we even play mediocre baseball like this, the rest of this roadtrip, you can forget the playoffs with the way the phillies and padres are playing.
    We've still won 5-7. Do you think we're going to win the rest of the games this season? Yeah it was a frustrating loss, but the season's not quite over. But you and I have been through this before.......so oh well.

How do you only get 3 hits off of Morris? I know Morris had it working, his hook was good. But MM is a mediocre pitcher. The top of the order hit rockets off of MM in the first inning but everything after that was weak.

GOREDSGO32

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines 1B
    We've still won 5-7. Do you think we're going to win the rest of the games this season? Yeah it was a frustrating loss, but the season's not quite over. But you and I have been through this before.......so oh well.
    I didn't say the season was over, the point is as decent as we are playing, the Phillies and San Diego are sure not letting up. And losing the series to the Cards, and with a golden opportunity with 7 against the Cards and going 3-4 just made it much harder. When you don't take advantage of opportunities, 5 of 7 itself isn't even good enough to get breathing room.

You can't lose on just stupid stuff like this. The lack of offense's ability to drive in RISP (broken record) is just ridiculous. And giving up two runs from a friggin pitcher is absolutely crazy. I just don't get this team .. we have a decent team with offensive runs per game, but the differential is crazy. I think I saw a display that said in losses we average around 2 runs per game, and in wins we average about 7. It's either sink or swim with this team offensively. And to beat a dead horse, if you know who were still here maybe we would have a little more flexiblity offensively than we do now.

Oh for Pete's sake... just stop it!

They are NOT, I repeat, NOT going to win every game from now until the end of the season. Morris was lights out... and Harang kept them down to two runs until the BP came in.

It is not the end of the world (or the season).

the Phillies and San Diego are sure not letting up.
    They'll probably lose some along the way too.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

GOREDSGO32

Once again, I say I NEVER SAID IT WAS THE END OF THE SEASON at the start of every freaking one of my posts, but yet I'll get the same old 'stop saying its the end of the season' posts. Seriously, how dense are you?

Point being, when you have teams that are playing hot behind you, you have to play hot just to stay that much above them. And if you wanna put some distance there, you have to play even hotter.
    Last edited by GOREDSGO32; 08-26-2006 at 02:35 AM.

Once again, I say I NEVER SAID IT WAS THE END OF THE SEASON at the start of every freaking one of my posts, but yet I'll get the same old 'stop saying its the end of the season' posts. Seriously, how dense are you?

Point being, when you have teams that are playing hot behind you, you have to paly hot just to stay that much above them. And if you wanna put some distance there, you have to play even hotter.
    They are hot right now. And you brought up the RISP, well I do know before tonights game in their last 7 games, they were hitting something like .460. You're going to get shut down by a pitcher on top of his game every now and then. And no matter what you think of Morris, he pitched like a top notch pitcher tonight.

And you said if we play like this "you can forget the playoffs". I think if we win 5 out of 7 the rest of the season we'll easily be in the playoffs. But then again I'm "dense".

Edit: And this was my 666th post so now the season probably really is over. Great.
    Last edited by Razor Shines; 08-26-2006 at 02:39 AM.

GOREDSGO32

Grrr .. whatever, I'm sick of arguing with you. Playing like this mean's todays game, I guess you don't get that. And any given team can have a 5 of 7 streak during the year, but obviously if the Reds had a 5 of 7 winning precentage this entire year we'dd be in the playoffs now easily.

Grrr .. whatever, I'm sick of arguing with you. Playing like this mean's todays game, I guess you don't get that. And any given team can have a 5 of 7 streak during the year, but obviously if the Reds had a 5 of 7 winning precentage this entire year we'dd be in the playoffs now easily.
    I guess I don't get that. I'm sorry I didn't realize you would say "you can forget the playoffs" because of one game. A game in which they got beat by a good pitcher who pitched a great game. I'll bet that as far as stuff that's the best Morris has pitched all year.

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanatic
    How do you only get 3 hits off of Morris? I know Morris had it working, his hook was good. But MM is a mediocre pitcher. The top of the order hit rockets off of MM in the first inning but everything after that was weak.
    Matt Morris has been a very good pitcher for a number of years. He has been mediocre this year, as you say. But even average pitchers have games where they just pitch lights out.

Last night Morris pitched a great game, against a team that has been swinging the lumber well lately. Like almost all pitchers who are pitching well, your best shot to get them is early; we did but only one run. Morris adjusted, and pitched a great game- as a fan of pitching, I enjoyed watching it, but not of course, watching the Reds lose.

Tip your hat and go on and keep winning or splitting series. It's only one game, and not a devastating loss, such as a game you thought you had sewn up and the bullpen loses it by giving up 5 runs in the bottom of the 9th, for example.
    sorry we're boring

Turn Off Ads?