Turn Off Ads?
Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Aug. 30th, 2006 CIN v. LAD .. *Fingers Crossed*

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Re: Aug. 30th, 2006 CIN v. LAD .. *Fingers Crossed*

Matt Belisle rocks.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Clayton is utter definition of worthless.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    Can you say 4.5 back in the Central??
    I can, but I won't

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    I'll take issue with Marty's words on that every time considering that everything done since before the ASB was allegedly to change the team's makeup and chemistry.

Marty's full of poo. Winning breeds perception of effort. Losing breeds the opposite. The defining characteristic isn't effort. It's talent.
    Now I know you've lost it...
    "Don't trust any statistics you did not fake yourself."--Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    True, AK, but...one in a hundred. If you're lucky.

Spend some cash (and not on 39-yr old lefthanders who are over the hill) and get pitchers who have velocity and movement. And have been successful in the past.
    Unfortunately, nobody is currently giving any of those away right now, which is why it's neccessary to look under every rock for avaiable pitching.

A 3 run ding dong and it's a 1 run game...

In case anybody is still awake

I'll take issue with Marty's words on that every time considering that everything done since before the ASB was allegedly to change the team's makeup and chemistry.

Marty's full of poo. Winning breeds perception of effort. Losing breeds the opposite. The defining characteristic isn't effort. It's talent.
    I agree. When you are winning, you look like you are full of fire and spirit and vigor. When you are losing, you look tired and listless. Especially when you are on a big losing streak. Who is not trying out there? I just saw Jr. haul ass to 1st on a nubber to the left side. I know a lot of people do not like Aurilia but the man comes to play every single day wherever you put him. A lot of that perception comes from not scoring a lot. Hey, this same team was lauded for coming back from 3 runs down last Thursday against the Giants. It was another heroic comeback. Now they are lollygaggers?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

There we go - 6 straight losses. Anyone think we can sweep the Pads? Not bloody likely. Season is over.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelhouse View Post
    So if the Royals spent a little more time at the batting cages they could be as good as the 1927 Yanks?

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelhouse View Post
    Right. As if you'd have a clue.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Steel, I know what you're saying, but the effort, the body language, etc., the last six days has been desultory and defeatist. To my eyes, at least.
    Last edited by dsmith421; 08-31-2006 at 12:49 AM.

Yes, Running to their positions tonight wouldn't have changed the outcome.

It's insulting that Marty is claiming the guys aren't trying. They are trying. LA is just a better ball team.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

The 16 inning heartbreaker was a damaging, damaging blow to this team. They played like it tonight and Harang pitched like it.

The San Francisco losses were worse to me than this. The Dodgers are just a very good team right now and yesterday was a tough, close loss. The day off will help the Reds regroup, and we've got a month left in a still-close race.

This team has been heartbreakingly bad for almost a week. but they've done nothing to show me this year that they will let a week-long bad stretch extend to a month. Quite the opposite, actually.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Woohoo!!

.500!!!!!!!

Turn Off Ads?