Turn Off Ads?
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627 LastLast

Thread: 9/1 Reds v. Pads Game Thread

Re: 9/1 Reds v. Pads Game Thread

Schoenweis in to pitch. Castro in at short.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    What was our win-loss record that month?
    The REDS were 16-9 when Griffey was out with a knee strain (DL on Apr. 17, retro Apr. 13). Back May 10.

Bellhorn pinch hits and strikes out. 1 out.

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

There is something comforting about hearing,"So,Schoenweis comes in to pitch the ninth,but it's not a save situation." Especially when you are on the smiling side of the scoreboard.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Come on, Schowensis, we don't need any extra drama at the end of the game, don't walk this guy.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    There's no "hating" on Griffey here. He's one of my favorite players of all time for gosh sakes. Problem is that he can't play the CF position anymore. The guy is last in the NL in Zone Rating for the third straight season. Leg problems will do that.

His OBP is unacceptable for someone who hits that high in the lineup. And yes, Mike Cameron is outhitting Griffey this season. Freel, given his defensive range would be a better option in CF this season. It's tough to watch a hero slip to where Griffey has but it is what it is.
    You could have fooled me. But yes he's having a not-so-good year and age may contribute to it some. Somehow I doubt that. At least I hope so. And as far as what position he plays and where he bats, you hae to look to the guy who everyone is grateful for having a winning record after all those years (oops, well, .500 before tonight).
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by BoydsOfSummer View Post
    There is something comforting about hearing,"So,Schoenweis comes in to pitch the ninth,but it's not a save situation." Especially when you are on the smiling side of the scoreboard.
    HAHAHAHAHA, You know what, Boyds, When I hear that, I want to slap a big ole sloppy kiss on GG's lips. !!!!

Great, error.. Glad we have a 4 run lead.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Cameron grounds to 3rd. Throwing error on EE.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    It's tough to watch a hero slip to where Griffey has but it is what it is.
    It's sort of his own fault for not wanting to move positions. Nomar swallowed his pride and moved to first and is having a great year. There is a whole list of other players that have moved positions and have extended their careers and not exposed themselves as much to their age or injury indused shortcomings.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post

HAHAHAHAHA, You know what, Boyds, When I hear that, I want to slap...
    That's grosser than anything I've ever heard in my life.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Hooray, we win

Gonzalez lines into a 1-3 DP. Reds win 6-2!!!

The pants are coming off until opening day 2007!!!! Thank-you
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

In the wild card chase the win moves the Reds past the Phillies and they are now only a half game behind the Padres.

Turn Off Ads?