Turn Off Ads?
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

Thread: Labor Day Game Thread Reds Vs Giants

Re: Labor Day Game Thread Reds Vs Giants

jerry "i manage with my heart" narron doesn't have a left-hander ready to pitch to bonds...nuf said......tick tick tick

2. Turn Off Ads?
    bgredsfan

I doubt that Narron has any confidence in the relief staff. They all have recently imploded. There's a serious lack of leadership in the dugout from the manager on down.

My entire Cincinnati sports fan career that I can remember has been a complete and utter disappointment. I feel like the George Costanza of sports fans. Oh well, I've got great family, great friends, and great health I shouldn't be whining. But I wish I didn't care so much because I feel sick. I was almost positive this was the year I would see (and remember) the Reds in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    My entire Cincinnati sports fan career that I can remember has been a complete and utter disappointment. I feel like the George Costanza of sports fans. Oh well, I've got great family, great friends, and great health I shouldn't be whining. But I wish I didn't care so much because I feel sick. I was almost positive this was the year I would see (and remember) the Reds in the playoffs.
    Thats all right when the Reds do make the playoffs it will be so much sweeter because of the suffering of recent years.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    Well, as Sam Wyche says, there is plenty of tennis and golf to be played.

Come on; this is a great time to be a Cincinnati sports fan, right here and right now. The Bengals have actually reached respectablity and are on the threshold of sustained excellence. The Reds have new ownership in Bob Castellini that is interested in one thing- winning. He and his GM did not have any time prior to this season to put together their team, and played this season with OB's team. The first season actions of the FO show that they are serious about trying to win, even if the results looked like they were spinning their wheels a little bit. I'm excited about the Reds future, both near and long term. Xavier basketball is a solid winner year after year, and UC basketball is rebounding (pun intended ) nicely from the Huggins PR fiasco.

6-7 years ago was not a good time to be a Cincinnati sports fan; but now is a great time to be one!

I think our big priority now is to finish above .500 and if we make the playoffs, that is a bonus.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

[QUOTE=goreds2;1151390]I think our big priority now is to finish above .500.QUOTE]

that will be hard for us to get above .500

Thank god college football and the NFL are starting. The Reds are just dragging me down and it hurts.
    Cincinnati Reds
    VOTTO

Quote Originally Posted by keeganbrick View Post
    Thank god college football and the NFL are starting. The Reds are just dragging me down and it hurts.
    I'm with you..GO MOUNTIES
    WVU42 MU10

I just got back from the game a little while ago. I have to say, this game was huge. If we win this game, I think the attitudes of the Players and Fans alike are completely different. Up to the Bonds homer, the stadium was excited and everyone had a sense of "This is finally over!" Then, seconds later, the air was let out of the stadium with the game being tied and Junior limping off the field. I can't remember a time this year when the entire stadium was so quiet for the final 2 innings.

If we're going to make a run now, we're going to need some help. We're going to have to win the key games, and have the Padres, Phillies, Marlins, and still the Cardinals have significant losing stretches. We've still got time, but if we don't pick it up soon, we could be all but finished in a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Always Red View Post
    Well, as Sam Wyche says, there is plenty of tennis and golf to be played.

Come on; this is a great time to be a Cincinnati sports fan, right here and right now. The Bengals have actually reached respectablity and are on the threshold of sustained excellence. The Reds have new ownership in Bob Castellini that is interested in one thing- winning. He and his GM did not have any time prior to this season to put together their team, and played this season with OB's team. The first season actions of the FO show that they are serious about trying to win, even if the results looked like they were spinning their wheels a little bit. I'm excited about the Reds future, both near and long term. Xavier basketball is a solid winner year after year, and UC basketball is rebounding (pun intended ) nicely from the Huggins PR fiasco.

6-7 years ago was not a good time to be a Cincinnati sports fan; but now is a great time to be one!
    You are absolutely right. The Bengals look very solid and will only improve in the years to come and it is unreasonable to expect Castellini and Co. to completely turn things around for the Reds in only a few months. The future sure does look bright for Cincinnati fans. Today was just one of those days I felt like whining and moaning after the game because I really expected this team to make the playoffs a few weeks ago. I just came back to earth today and realized this team still has a long way to go but is on the right path.

My first impulse was to be really angry with Narron for leaving Harang in and pitching to Bonds in the 8th.

Then I had an afterthought. There is no way in that situation that Narron did not realize that the game and perhaps the entire season were on the line with that at bat. It had to be that he thought his best shot was Harang pitching to Bonds instead of a lefty to face Bonds or any right hander, including Harang, facing Alou with men on 1st and 2nd.

And if Weathers was to be his first righty into the game regardless, then his performance in the 10th certainly stands as a bit of vindication for Narron.

So the game stands as a snapshot of the entire season..... No one in the pen worthy of protecting a 2 run lead with 4 outs needed to win the game.

I do not think Narron thought he should go to the lefty. Harang looked good and Bonds was 1-10 against him. Durham was hot as was Alou. I probably would have gone with Schoenweis but everything is hind sight.

And I agree that the Reds are headed in the right direction. It is just like the BEngals. Their first year, they had a shot at the playoffs and did not pull it off but had us excited going into the next year. I think in two years, the Reds are going to be a strong NL team contending for the title again. Just disappointing to end on such a sour note.

Turn Off Ads?