Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Thread: 9/6/06 - Reds vs. Giants game thread

Re: 9/6/06 - Reds vs. Giants game thread

Done

2. Turn Off Ads?

catch wasnt any good

Did we really just get our final out of the game on a bunt??? All I have is sportsline here at work.

They are going to have to give away free beer to get me into a game now!! Pathetic!

Quote Originally Posted by crazybob60 View Post
    Did we really just get our final out of the game on a bunt??? All I have is sportsline here at work.
    No bunt, routine fly to right

and there we go. what a horrible series. Should have won all three, end up barely winning 1. For a team supposedly still vieing for a spot, they sure don't appear to be putting up much of a fight. You gotta win these close ones, or at least win half of them.

I can't put into words how dissapointing this past 2 weeks has been. So many losses to teams and games we should have won.

The season is over!!! If we cannot be a bunch of average players like what the Giants threw at us, then we are done! They SUCK yet they made us look like little leaguers. I have been as positive as possible but this season is over because of guys like Dunn, Aurilia, and the like. NO ONE wants to sacrifice a runner over. They all want to play hero and hit the game winning HR. Until we get guys willing to give up a stat to win the game, we are going to LOSE!!!

If after today anyone that thinks this team is just playing like they do not want to be here is not watching the games it is sad they are stealing their paychecks sorry but that is the way I feel

kinda pointless whether the Cards win or lose now. they are too far ahead. We're seriously going to have to sweep a few series and win the rest 2 of 3 to have any chance at all. I'm usually an optimist til the end, but I see the End and I think its here.

Quote Originally Posted by crazybob60 View Post
    hatteberg flied out to left for the final out of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by 91OSUAlum View Post
    The season is over!!! If we cannot be a bunch of average players like what the Giants threw at us, then we are done! They SUCK yet they made us look like little leaguers. I have been as positive as possible but this season is over because of guys like Dunn, Aurilia, and the like. NO ONE wants to sacrifice a runner over. They all want to play hero and hit the game winning HR. Until we get guys willing to give up a stat to win the game, we are going to LOSE!!!
    I don't blame Dunn and Aurillia...Its a whole team effort. This team whole team seems to go in big slumps all together. Freel hasn't hit for anything lately, Ross hasn't done much this past week, Phillips has struggled, Dunn has struggled lately, The whole team has struggled to get anything going. This is a whole team effort. and a lousy one at that

frustrating -

1. to make (plans, efforts, etc.) worthless or of no avail; defeat; nullify: The student's indifference frustrated the teacher's efforts to help him.
    2. to disappoint or thwart (a person): a talented woman whom life had frustrated.
    ?verb (used without object)
    3. to become frustrated: His trouble is that he frustrates much too easily.
    ?adjective
    4. Watching the 2006 Reds play since August 24th.

norcal03

I'm not a Reds fan, I just hate, hate, I mean really HATE the San Francisco Giants. So over the last few weeks I've been a huge Reds fan. I just want to say that the Reds performance in their seven games was one of the most pathetic, toothless, gutless stretch of baseball that I have ever seen. How can you let that f*** joke of a team beat you five out of seven times? I want to get some Reds' fans perspective, because you've watched them all year. But it was just inexusable, that's all I can say about it. Adam Dunn went 2 for 22 with no extra base hits. Thank you, Cincinnati, for ruining my day and my week.

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 91OSUAlum View Post
    ... this season is over because of guys like Dunn, Aurilia, and the like. NO ONE wants to sacrifice a runner over. They all want to play hero and hit the game winning HR. Until we get guys willing to give up a stat to win the game, we are going to LOSE!!!
    Yep, Dunn's been struggling, but he's the only run producer we have right now.

Aurilia's been practically the only guy hitting for 2 weeks now; he's hitting like .340 with 10 HR since the ASG. I don't take the bat out of his hands in that situation at all- I want him to drive in Clayton from 2nd, especially since I know Dunn is struggling, and Alou will probably bring in Kline to face Dunn.

If JN has Aurilia bunt in that situation, then I'd really question Narron's judgement. The Reds are in a team wide slump right now- except for Rich Aurilia.

Turn Off Ads?