Turn Off Ads?
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Thread: Game Thread - 09/13/2006 - Reds vs. Padres

Re: Game Thread - 09/13/2006 - Reds vs. Padres

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    Freel, Phillips and Hatteberg havent done much lately either.
    It also doesnt help that Griffey has been out with his toe injury.
    Jr has been missing for most of the season.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Must a Dunn discussion of "we love him/we love him not" be contained in every thread? We get it already.

Guess the $1 dogs didn't work as well this time around. $15k last night and 21k tonight. Did they even have the 1/2 off last night?

There's really nothing Cast could/can do for attendance. It's really up to the players and the baseball people to get folks down. But I'd love to hear the excuses from the general population. Gas is down close to $2 now. Nice weather (at least tonight). Discounted tickets. When asked I think most should answer truthfully - They just don't care. Uphill battle for Cast.

Quote Originally Posted by alloverjr View Post
    Guess the $1 dogs didn't work as well this time around. $15k last night and 21k tonight. Did they even have the 1/2 off last night?

There's really nothing Cast could/can do for attendance. It's really up to the players and the baseball people to get folks down. But I'd love to hear the excuses from the general population. Gas is down close to $2 now. Nice weather (at least tonight). Discounted tickets. When asked I think most should answer truthfully - They just don't care. Uphill battle for Cast.
    Yes, but they've had a "we'll do whatever it takes attitude" whereas John Allen publicly derided fans for lack of support of the crap he was running out there. Total change in culture and folks will get on board.

Well I was at this baby tonight, sitting in the 4192 club seats. The friend I went with had said they might leave early. Well tonight that wasn't a problem, to say the least.

Well that was some shellacking - I kept saying it was some seriously bad karma. Plenty of blame to go around, but I think it was just one of those games. Not a great time for it, but turn the page, tomorrow's a new day.

I went with a friend who teaches at girl's high school here and two of her co-workers were with us. The other two were on the YMCA camera shot and I wondered how many of their students were there freaking out at their teachers boogeying. Highlight of the game (although the two catches Wise made were gems, - wish he could have tracked down the other four to the same place!).

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    whereas John Allen publicly derided fans for lack of support of the crap he was running out there.
    Yep. #1 reason I didn't renew my season tickets after 10 years. Someone should have sewn his mouth shut.

Quote Originally Posted by alloverjr View Post

Just got home from the ballgame - seems the $1 dogs were the hit tonight.

Nothing else was a hit. I paid for the $5 Kitty Duran seats and never left the first level. Spent most of the evening in the LF bleachers - which is a nice place for a game, but sucked if you wanted to scoreboard watch.

It was pretty easy to tell where the non-premium half-off seats were - they also were in sections that had no concession stands open. Some people had their own section in the third tier of 500 level seating. Seemed like a lot of people were sitting in the lower bowls - I'd guess most of the tickets sold were $5 or 1/2 price and basically people made it "General Admission Night".

Interesting though - I'd walk around and see people - and wonder if they were RedZoners. I half expected to see Cyclone with his pencil, scorecard, iPod, beer, & scientific calculator in sec. 522.

Worst game I'd ever been to. Ever. Kyle Lohse looked like....well...Kyle Lohse.

Ballpark was dead - 10-0 in the 5th will do that to you.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    Interesting though - I'd walk around and see people - and wonder if they were RedZoners. I half expected to see Cyclone with his pencil, scorecard, iPod, beer, & scientific calculator in sec. 522.
    Hmmm ... let's run down the list ...
    • Pencil? I can't remember the last time I had a writing utensil at a game. Certainly not any games this season, that I do know.
    • Scorecard? I've never kept score at a game.
    • iPod? Don't even own one.
    • Beer? On occasion at a game, but tonight it was two bottles of water.
    • Scientific calculator? I do own a graphing calculator, but the batteries have been dead in it for at least four years now.
    • Section 522? Nah, scout seats for me tonight.

Man, Heath, you're way off!
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

Let's Go Bengals!!

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Just my opinion but you don't sit your best players in a crucial game. I don't care what Freel or Ross are hitting against Peavy. They are the best the Reds have at their respective positions. It seems like Narron is doing his best not to give the Reds their best chance of winning. I hope it works out but I think we are looking at getting shut out tonight.
    I hate that I was right about the shut out but you could see it coming. Especially after I saw the lineup that was thrown out there. Not that Freel or Ross or even Griffey in the lineup could overcome this debacle. Well, at least it was an entertaining season and the Reds hung in there until the west coast trip.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Turn Off Ads?