Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Gameday 9/15 or better known as ...

Re: Gameday 9/15 or better known as ...

You do realize that Nixon was 7 homeruns and a .794 OPS while Dunn has 40 home runs and .884 OPS. You think the offense is bad now.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by jesusfan View Post
    imagine this: 1.Freel 2.Hatteberg 3.Aurilia 4.Griffey 5.Encarnacion 6.Nixon 7.Phillips 8.Ross WOW!
    I see a team that will score far fewer runs than this year's version and the defense would still be very bad. You better have a dynamite pitching staff if you want to be a .500 club with this lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    Are you serious?? Do you really think this lineup will be better with Nixon than Dunn? That lineup is really more UGHH! than WOW!
    I meant to put Nixon/Gonzo in that spot... I'd probably rather have Dunn than Nixon and Gonzo, but I'm just saying that's what I feel Krivsky will do... If Dunn can fetch a good younger starting pitcher, That'd be great... Do you really think Gonzo's .300 AVG 20 HR 90 RBI with clutch hitting would be a big decline to Adam Dunn???

Cedeno flies to Hopper to end the inning... 4-0 Reds top 6... Arroyo with 92 pitches in 5 innings...

Trot Nixon is 32 and has played in only 100 of Boston's 156 games.
    Gonzalez is 39 which is two years older than Griffey who everyone believes is finished.

Cy Walrond in to pitch???

I meant to put Nixon/Gonzo in that spot... I'd probably rather have Dunn than Nixon and Gonzo, but I'm just saying that's what I feel Krivsky will do... If Dunn can fetch a good younger starting pitcher, That'd be great... Do you really think Gonzo's .300 AVG 20 HR 90 RBI with clutch hitting would be a big decline to Adam Dunn???
    Luis hasn't put up a line similar to that one since 2003. I'd pass on him personally.

Do you really think Gonzo's .300 AVG 20 HR 90 RBI with clutch hitting would be a big decline to Adam Dunn???
    He is 39 years old. Those numbers will not improve and will probably decrease. Dunn (despite the grief he gets) still is young and has potential to bounce back better next year. If anything is numbers won't be any worse.

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    Trot Nixon is 32 and has played in only 100 of Boston's 156 games.
    Gonzalez is 39 which is two years older than Griffey who everyone believes is finished.
    Okay, my bad I guess Gonzo's 50 doubles and .290 AVG. shows me he's done... some guys stay in shape and have good years... I'm not saying to sign him up for a multi-year deal.....

Rich K's... 2 down Dunn up

Royce Clayton makes Lenny Harris look like a freaking gold glover.

Dunn K's... nothing to say

Here is what it comes down to. If you trade Dunn you should get good young pitching in return. To complement the young pitching it would be ideal to have young players so that the Reds can make a serious run in a couple years. Stocking up on young pitching to go along with a lineup of KGJ, Gonzo, Hat, and RA would be a bad idea. Trading Dunn would be with the purpose of rebuilding and you don't rebuild with a cast of old players. Thats just how I see it.

Ramirez flies to Dunn...

Dunn K's... nothing to say
    Dunn had a .700 OPS in August and he had a .676 OPS in September coming into today's game. That's a long slump.

Turn Off Ads?