Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Game Thread 9/23/06

Re: Game Thread 9/23/06

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    Just got back from the game and it was just as bad in person. Way too much blue at the ballpark. The only good thing was that for a few innings I was with some bloggers, i.e., Red Hot Mama and Reds Reporter and others - made the disaster more digestible.
    I work with Red Hot Mama's husband.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    That sounds about right. Section 220 I think it was.

My father was wearing a tan jacket with a reds cap. I was in a black jacket with a reds cap. How in the world did you know that? (paranoid meter on the rise).
    that was the craziest bounce, it went sideways. Made me think the ball was doing a "triple lindy".

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    that was the craziest bounce, it went sideways. Made me think the ball was doing a "triple lindy".
    Yea, totally crazy. I kept watching it expecting it to bounce forward, not sideways.

Were you at the game or we on the jumbotron? Did my jeans make my butt look big?
    Last edited by Ltlabner; 09-23-2006 at 11:12 PM.

Did my jeans make my butt look big?
    Haha. I saw it on the jumbotron. Your butt looked huge!

Yea, totally crazy. I kept watching it expecting it to bounce forward, not sideways.

Were you at the game or we on the jumbotron? Did we look totally goofy? Did my jeans make my butt look big?
    I was at the game, only saw you at a distance.

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    I work with Red Hot Mama's husband.
    I'm pretty sure that's who was with her tonight (the "crack technical staff" was how he introduced himself at Dewey's). Really nice and funny too! RHM asked me at the game if I had any aspirin or ibuprofin because he had a headache...[didn't we all?]... but all I had was Midol (w/ibuprofin). He declined said that he didn't feel bloated! I told him that this Midol wouldn't have helped if he did!
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    They were showing on TV that he was kind of upset by Phillips HR Trot. Later when he struck Phillips out he made the same movements when walking of the mound. the leaning to the left when crossing 2B with his left Arm held bent and close to his body. Zambrano did the same move after the K later in the game.

Phillips always does that if I recall, but Zambrano took it personally.

BP always looks as if he's about ready to fall over trotting around the first and second bases.
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    Just got back from the game and it was just as bad in person. Way too much blue at the ballpark. The only good thing was that for a few innings I was with some bloggers, i.e., Red Hot Mama and Reds Reporter and others - made the disaster more digestible.

FYI - Drew Stubbs was at the ballpark with his family [was announced on the scoreboard]. Some Bengals signs in the Moon Deck: "Who Dey!" "381-JERK on Pittsburgh", and "CJs Got Your PJs Goodnight".
    The Cubs fans have more training in how to root for your team in a meaningless game. They have had years and years of losing to prepare for this 90+ loss season, and they are showing that its paying off. Their fans were definitely more prepared for this game.
    Hey Marty, This is Adam from Milwaukee...

Turn Off Ads?