Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Last Game Thread 2006: Reds V. Pirates - .500!

Re: Last Game Thread 2006: Reds V. Pirates - .500!

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    Jimmy Gobble, my new favorite-named player, is pitching for the Royals.

Gobbles!

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    This game is a true metaphor for the Reds' season: and then there were none.

Very good. I agree.

Two out no one on base and they find a way to let a run home, starting with an infield hit and including a passed ball. All that was mnissing was an error.

Have to admit I had moved on to other things before then. I figured no matter who won, it was going to be a bomb.....

Dodgers won 4-3 over San Francisco. If the Padres also win (they are 7-4 over Arizona in the ninth), the Padres will be the NL West champions due to head-to-head matchups. Some real closeness these last few days...I wonder how often it has happened that two teams have the same record in in two different divisions.

Which means that if the Padres pull it off, the Dodgers will go to Shea (that is kind of cool), and the Cards will go to San Diego.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

wow, back-to-back homers for the D'backs -- Chad Tracy and Conor Jackson -- in the bottom of the ninth, one out. Now 7-6.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    There is no joy in Motown
    Mighty Casey has grounded out
    I am curious what Detriots record was since they acquired Casey? I hate to admit this but I am rooting against them because of him.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Alberto Callaspo grounds out, Padrinos win. Got scary there for a minute for them...both those homers were off of Hoffman.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    Jimmy Gobble, my new favorite-named player, is pitching for the Royals.
    It's Jimmy Gobble trivia time. When Gobble started for the Royals in 2004 he represented the 4th left hander in the rotation. When he started the 4th game of the season it was the first time in Major League history that 4 left handers had started in consecutive order to start the season.

I have enjoyed this year, more than any season since 1999.

This winter should be interesting with so many decisions to be made.

Let's hope moves are not made just for the sake of doing something. No doubt a wise move here or there would help.

One or two bad moves could hurt the club for years to come.

Glad to see Belisle throw six shutout innings. Could definitely be a player in the rotation for next season. I like his stuff. Would love to see him make some big gains next season.
    Definitely agree. I like the good fastball with hard run on it. If he keeps it down, he can be effective. It was interesting to see him relying so heavily on one pitch, and getting good results -- that big breaking curve was nowhere to be seen. He remains an interesting guy, if only for his live fastball and relatively fresh arm.

Turn Off Ads?