Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Friday Playoff thread

Re: Friday Playoff thread

Harwell sounded amazing right there. Very, very funny guy. I loved when he was talking about his music, and Joe asked him how many musical hits he had...Harwell joked that he had more no-hitters than Nolan Ryan. Good stuff.

2. Turn Off Ads?

How can an ump standing 3 feet from a ball that hits the chalk not be able to make the call? If he can't make that call, what purpose does he serve at all? And how does a SECOND ump not that much further away who's standing there staring at it ALSO miss the call? I don't get it.

Am I the only one who thinks the overall quailty of umpiring in the major leagues is attrocios?
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

I was never the biggest fan of Sean Casey's game, but I always loved the guy. I'd love to see him do well in these playoffs.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

I'm kind of shocked that Johnson is still in there. I have a feeling of dread.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Why do you like the Yanks, vp? Are you from NYC?

I know Puffy is from there, so I can totally understand him. Just curious!

Casey doubles in another run. Now 5-0 Tigers.

Hear that?

That's the sound of the Yankees' pitching staff getting un-pantsed.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Yeah, I'm scratching my head as to how the Unit was still in the game.

Good for Sean!
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh nothing is sweeter than seeing the Yanks getting their butts kicked in the playoffs.

CASEY!!! GET EM!!!

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30 View Post
    Good for Sean!
    Yay!! I'm so excited!! I've got to be annoying my entire apartment complex with all my yelling and cheering... My kitten, Casey, is scared to death. She doesn't seem to understand the fact that she was named after #21!!
    BARRY LARKIN
    "You made me hope for something better
    And made me reach for something more"

"Love is doing all the little things that don't show up in the box score."

I'll say it: I think the Reds had a better starting staff this season than the Yankees.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    How come Bronson never hits anyone anymore? He was always good for starting brawls when you needed one.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Why do you like the Yanks, vp? Are you from NYC?

I know Puffy is from there, so I can totally understand him. Just curious!
    I'm from Ohio and just moved back after ten years away. Went to school just outside New York City and then lived in the city for several years (on and off). so the better part of my adult life has been there.

But that's actually not why I'm a fan...that's actually quite a lovely story really, indirectly related to the Reds, which I'd be happy to tell anyone who's interested when I'm not crying my eyes out.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Turn Off Ads?