Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: World Series Game 2 Thread

Re: World Series Game 2 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    If you are pointing out Kenny Rogers, than you could probably point out hundreds of other baseball pitchers who need to "cheat".

You know why LaRussa doesn't press the issue? Because his own players are going to be doing the same thing and he doesn't want them to get caught.

If a Reds player get caught with 'roids or an emery board or whatever - it's their own fault.

You seem to be pretty shallow when you point your fingers at just one player. Do you have money on the Cards or something?
    I highly doubt this is the reason on why LaRussa never pressed the issue. Hey, if someone breaks the rules no matter whom it is than they need to face the consequences. OK, since this is being swept under the rug, then what happens the next time someone gets caught and then a UMP throws the player out? I am sure many more players will try to get by with these things more. They need to set an example instead of brushing it under the rug or basically just enforce the rules.

No, I do not have any money on the Cards, but if they win it all than this will make our Division look that much better and we can say we beat up on each other and that is why our record is what it is. Well, I don't know if we did beat up on each other, but we can use it. It will at least sound good.
    "Some of the guys who pitched well for us last year aren't going to make the ballclub," Narron said.

Pete Rose, when asked by David Letterman who he likes in the MLB playoffs:

"You sound like you're betting on baseball."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    No, no, you got that all wrong; The Cards fans are THE BEST fans in baseball, not some of the best as you said. Just ask Cardiinals fans.
    Ask alot of other people outside of St Louis and they will concur, about the fans and the organization.

They are 4th in MLB with an average attendance per game of 42,500.

They drew almost 3.5 Mil fans this year, and over the last 6 years average yearly attendance was 3.1 Mil.

That says something about their fans.

As far as I'm concerned they are no different than any other basbeball fan. They support their team, take pride in them, and yes, can be somewhat "rabid"..... but winning on a consistent basis will do that to fans.

Ask owner Castellini and his partners the Williams family what they feel about the Cardinal organization.
    Last edited by GAC; 10-26-2006 at 06:33 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Cards fans may have been fourth in attendance, but they're first in arrogance and whining.

Cards fans may have been fourth in attendance, but they're first in arrogance and whining.
    pot meet kettle!
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Kenny Rogers is a seasoned pro. He's goes to the mound loaded with pine tar, vaseline, an emory board and a clear, slick substance discovered by a secret NASA probe to the moons of Saturn.
    Last edited by M2; 10-27-2006 at 11:03 AM.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

No, no, you got that all wrong; The Cards fans are THE BEST fans in baseball, not some of the best as you said. Just ask Cardiinals fans.
    I thought that title was for Indians fans?

Oh wait...that's only when they're rarely good, nevermind.

The St. Louis Cardinals said they believe Detroit Tigers pitcher Kenny Rogers was scuffing the ball during Game 2 on Sunday, aside from the controversy about the smudge on the left-hander's pitching hand, USA Today reported Tuesday.

"It was so blatant," Cardinals hitting coach Hal McRae told USA TODAY. "What was so strange about it was how obvious it was, in the World Series. It's a shame a guy would cheat in a World Series game. It hurts the integrity of the game.

"He wasn't just cheating by using pine tar; he was scuffing balls, too. We collected about five or six balls that are scuffed. He had to be using his fingernails or something."
    Then blame your boss, Hal. "The Genius" LaRussa "knew" something was up and ignored it...why? He could've had the umpire check Rogers hand.

Another question. Why does the manager have to ask an umpire to check a pitcher. If the ump sees something odd, why can't he just go up to the pitcher himself?

Turn Off Ads?