Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
If you are pointing out Kenny Rogers, than you could probably point out hundreds of other baseball pitchers who need to "cheat".

You know why LaRussa doesn't press the issue? Because his own players are going to be doing the same thing and he doesn't want them to get caught.

If a Reds player get caught with 'roids or an emery board or whatever - it's their own fault.

You seem to be pretty shallow when you point your fingers at just one player. Do you have money on the Cards or something?
I highly doubt this is the reason on why LaRussa never pressed the issue. Hey, if someone breaks the rules no matter whom it is than they need to face the consequences. OK, since this is being swept under the rug, then what happens the next time someone gets caught and then a UMP throws the player out? I am sure many more players will try to get by with these things more. They need to set an example instead of brushing it under the rug or basically just enforce the rules.

No, I do not have any money on the Cards, but if they win it all than this will make our Division look that much better and we can say we beat up on each other and that is why our record is what it is. Well, I don't know if we did beat up on each other, but we can use it. It will at least sound good.