Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: World Series Game 4 Thread

Re: World Series Game 4 Thread

They are expecting more rain tomorrow night and possibly a couple of inches of rain on Friday. This series may be stuck in St. Louis for several days.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    They are expecting more rain tomorrow night and possibly a couple of inches of rain on Friday. This series may be stuck in St. Louis for several days.
    Lucky me. I am traveling to work a week-long conference in St. Louis starting at the first of the week. I had hoped that the entire series would have ended by no later than Sunday (as originally scheduled).

That way, I could have avoided witnessing anything resembling a winner's parade. Now, I am not so sure....
    Last edited by Blimpie; 10-26-2006 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Super_Barry11 View Post
    No kidding... I hate all these 5 pm starts!! :
    Ah yes, the truly correct time zone. Not to mention 75 degree temps, sunny skies and Surf's Up!

Rem

I'm kind of bummed out. I work 7:00 PM tp 7:00 AM shifts and I am not off again until Sunday, so I might not see any more baseball for quite a while. Guess it is time to play MVP2005 on the machine with the kids.:thumbdown
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    They just announced the game is officially postponed. Game 4 will be tomorrow night and game 5 will be on Friday night.
    I think they shouldn't screw with the schedule and play game 5 tonight and just rescehdule game 4.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    I think they shouldn't screw with the schedule and play game 5 tonight and just rescehdule game 4.
    World Series TV ratings are at a record low. Usually game seven is the highest rated game; maybe MLB should play game seven next to build interest in the Series and then play games four, five and six.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    World Series TV ratings are at a record low. Usually game seven is the highest rated game; maybe MLB should play game seven next to build interest in the Series and then play games four, five and six.
    I think you're on to something there Randy. Call Bud!
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    They think the ratings have stunk thusfar? Wait until the World Series goes up against the NFL on both Sunday and Monday nights...

I predict pain for Bud. Much, much pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie View Post
    They think the ratings have stunk thusfar? Wait until the World Series goes up against the NFL on both Sunday and Monday nights...

I predict pain for Bud. Much, much pain.
    NFL kills MLB when they go head to head. A few years back a World Series game,I think, went against MNF that featured a winless Washington Redskins going against a winless Dallas Cowboy team. MNF won the ratings game by a wide margin. MLB might as well play these games in the day because the ratings couldn't be a whole lot worse.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    NFL kills MLB when they go head to head. A few years back a World Series game,I think, went against MNF that featured a winless Washington Redskins going against a winless Dallas Cowboy team. MNF won the ratings game by a wide margin. MLB might as well play these games in the day because the ratings couldn't be a whole lot worse.
    I wish they would, at least on weekends anyway.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Speaking of rain delays....let's hit rewind to 1975 (per Lance)

Reds won game five thanks to two homers by Tony Perez.....and took a 3-2 lead in the series.

They traveled to Boston on the scheduled off day.
    It then rained out the game six for three consecutive days.

The Reds decided to hold workouts indoors at Tufts College, in suburban Medford.
    The bus driver got lost taking the team to the facility. Spark Anderson had to get off the bus, in uniform, and ask a gas station attendant for directions.

Five days after game 5, they finally played. And after all of that.......the game goes 12 innings and Carlton Fisk hits the hr to tie the series.

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    I could not agree more...

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Let's try again tonight....

Looks like they will play game 4......for now...let's hope

OMG Scooter!!!!
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Ok, my pregame thoughts, beyond the thrilling return of Scooter:

1. David Eckstein is truly a teeny, weeny, petite little man. He is as tall as I am. Think about that for a second. Most baseball players are above average height for men, and I'm not even particularly tall for a girl.

2. Jeremy Bonderman looks like Powder.

3. If I see that Chevy commercial one more time I'm going to put a spike through my heart.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Turn Off Ads?