Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: BCS Race

Re: BCS Race

Quote Originally Posted by registerthis View Post
    Try reading the post a bit more thoroughly before you call someone out.
    Yeah, like how in my second post on the thread "I agree the BCS is dumb"

And yet on every thread after you bring up the BCS in rebuttal with my points. That's a little hypocritical.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    I Don't want a BCS dude. Go back and read my point of view or please stop putting words in my mouth.
    It'd be an improvement over that as well, I hated the days when college football determined their championship based solely upon what a bunch of sportswriters thought. It was especially wonderful when the two polls wouldn't agree and you'd get two "champions." I thought, well, there's nowhere to go but up.

Leave it to the NCAA to prove me wrong.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

It'd be an improvement over that as well, I hated the days when college football determined their championship based solely upon what a bunch of sportswriters thought. It was especially wonderful when the two polls wouldn't agree and you'd get two "champions." I thought, well, there's nowhere to go but up.

Leave it to the NCAA to prove me wrong.
    Yeah, well I'll just disregard your foaming at the mouth for the BCS when questioning my points.

Next time read better.

It took you three posts before you accurately debate what I'm saying. I wouldn't be so condescending next time when you are arguing against someone that agrees with you.

Perhaps the people who run Division 1-A could talk with the guys down in 1-AA, 2 and 3. I'm sure they could give a few pointers on how to effectively run a playoff.
    I'm an alum of a school that strives to make the I-AA playoffs every year (James Madison - 2004 I-AA National Champs) and it's great. Sure it's flawed but the arguments the BCS apologists make against a playoff system are a joke, just like the BCS itself.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Yeah, well I'll just disregard your foaming at the mouth for the BCS when questioning my points.

Next time read better.

It took you three posts before you accurately debate what I'm saying. I wouldn't be so condescending next time when you are arguing against someone that agrees with you.
    Funny, the one complaining about snide remarks then goes and makes his own. Your argument was against a playoff. Mine was for it.

We're not in agreement here.

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    I'm an alum of a school that strives to make the I-AA playoffs every year (James Madison - 2004 I-AA National Champs) and it's great. Sure it's flawed but the arguments the BCS apologists make against a playoff system are a joke, just like the BCS itself.
    James Madison won the title with 2 losses.

I guess I'm a joke for not wanting any part in crap like that.

Funny, the one complaining about snide remarks then goes and makes his own. Your argument was against a playoff. Mine was for it.

We're not in agreement here.
    Then argue against the polls next time. You were condescending and rude about a BCS system I can't stand.

You shouldn't be surprised I called you on it.

Read better next time or argue relevant points.

NCAA Division III has a 28 team playoff.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Yes, a system that places value on meaningless preseason polls, unfairly punishes teams who lose earlier in the season less harshly, produces multiple champions and plays out an enlogated postseason full of meaningless corporate-sponsored bowl games is what I'm looking for. Sign me up.

Well, since Harvard was the only I-AA team to go undefeated that season and the Ivy League doesn't participate in the playoffs, I suppose they should have just picked the two teams that seemed like the best to face off in a championship - like they do in I-A?

No thanks.
    -Air Supply

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    Well, since Harvard was the only I-AA team to go undefeated that season and the Ivy League doesn't participate in the playoffs, I suppose they should have just picked the two teams that seemed like the best to face off in a championship - like they do in I-A?

No thanks.
    Anything but allowing a two loss team to claim a championship.

I guess that playoff proved everything.

I'm just looking forward to that Michigan VS TOSU game on November 18th. It's gonna be very important to the seedings. Maybe the Buckeyes can sit Troy Smith and rest him for the playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    NCAA Division III has a 28 team playoff.
    It's interesting that the comparison was made earlier to the old MLB system of only having a 4 team playoff. Back in the early 90s, when MLB was 26 teams, this represented 15% of the teams in MLB making the postseason. I'd be thrilled if college football adopted a similar policy, which would equate to a 16 team playoff. Works for me.

I'm just looking forward to that Michigan VS TOSU game on November 18th. It's gonna be very important to the seedings. Maybe the Buckeyes can sit Troy Smith and rest him for the playoffs?
    So much for being tired of condescending talk, eh?

Anything but allowing a two loss team to claim a championship.

I guess that playoff proved everything.
    JMU's two losses came to I-A West Virginia and on a last-second FG to conference rival William & Mary, who also made it to the semifinals in the playoffs.

Yeah, it's ridiculous that we had a chance to compete for a championship in a field of teams that all had at least one loss.
    -Air Supply

In 2004, James Madison lost to 1-A power West Virginia at Morgantown and lost at William & Mary on a FG at the buzzer.

I'm not a JM fan, but those aren't bad losses. And then to win a post-season 16 team bracket against all of the highest ranked 1-AA teams (well, minus the Ivy's), those are compelling reasons. IMHO that is.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Turn Off Ads?