Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reds Non-Tendered Miguel Perez

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Reds Non-Tendered Miguel Perez

Rotoworld.com

Reds non-tendered catcher Miguel Perez.

Perez was added to the 40-man roster too early a couple of years ago, and he never justified the spot while compiling some ugly numbers in the minors. He's just 23 and he's a fine defender, but he's a future backup at best and he has a long way to go.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds Non-Tendered Miguel Perez

Interesting...

Does this mean that Moeller can now be sent Louisville? One can only hope...

Hm. So much for the catcher of the future.
    For now.

Say what you will about Krivsky, but he's not afraid to do the dirty job of weeding.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Say what you will about Krivsky, but he's not afraid to do the dirty job of weeding.
    While many [including myself at times] question the GM, maybe he's got an idea how to do this and he's just doing the dirty work right now, and the building is to come?

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I agree he knows how to weed but does he have any flowers to plant or is he just fertilizing tilled-up land.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    While many [including myself at times] question the GM, maybe he's got an idea how to do this and he's just doing the dirty work right now, and the building is to come?
    That's the hope. I've got no idea whether he'll put something better in the place of all the rot that he's cleaved away, but I take some solace when I see the organization non-tender a faux prospect who's failed to make an ounce of progress in his woeful hitting approach. I like that the club isn't holding tightly to Brandon Claussen's obliterated wing. I like the front office purge. I liked it when Tony Womack and Dave Williams got sent out of town on a rail.

It gives me some hope that Eric Milton's either going to show up healthy and effective in spring training or he's getting a one-way ticket out of town as well.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

M2, I agree with the cutting away of chaff, but when said chaff is replaced with older chaff, what is the difference?

Perez, non-tendered. Moeller signed. What's the difference other than he's 8 years older and a tad more expensive? Perez could have done the EXACT same job, and is bilingual. That helps with the Cueto's and Obispo's in the org.

I'd have no problems seeing Szymanski gone. I have no problem at all with getting rid of dead weight. I just doubt that the guy that signed Juan Castro to a two year deal knows exactly what dead weight is. Now If Castro is reassigned as a coach in ST, I would be thrilled with that, but somehow I think that ain't gonna happen.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

non-tendered for possessing a tender bat.....

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Out with the young.. in with the old

Well that didn't last long, at least according to Marc:

Perez departs, returns

Along with Brandon Claussen, the Reds non-tendered catcher Miguel Perez last night. While it remains to be seen what Claussen will do, Perez already is back in the organization, agreeing to a minor-league deal with an invitation to spring training.

That little transaction, by the way, is basically all the proof you need that the Claussen move wasn't made simply to clear a roster spot. He may still be back in some capacity, but I think the Reds lost confidence in him last season.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    I'd have no problems seeing Szymanski gone..

when did we get rid of him?
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

I would rather have an experienced catcher at AAA than a young guy trying to find his way to the top. We have a ton of younger pitchers coming up and veteren catcher teaching them how to pitch will only help them. Just a thought.
    Taylor High School
    Home of the "Yellow Jackets"

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

Well, we already re-signed Ryan Jorgensen to catch at AAA. He's 27, I think, and the veteran of a couple AAA seasons already. Dane Sardinha, thankfully, is gone. Probably to Columbus, new affiliate of Washington.

So I'm assuming this means the Reds already passed Perez through waivers at some point? If Miguel was willing to re-sign a minor-league deal immediately after being released, that says that he or his agent knew no one else was going to be seriously interested.

Szymanski is not gone, just to clarify.

Turn Off Ads?