Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RZ 101 - Asking "How To" Questions

Re: RZ 101 - Asking "How To" Questions

From my experience, the code option only responds to tab delimiters and drops all others (notably spaces). The "easiest" way to do it is to create the table in notepad using tabs to line everything up.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

2. Turn Off Ads?

How about this one I occasionally see on Redszone and haven't quite perfected yet.

1) Quote multiple people's post and reply to both in the same post...

2) Split someone's quote into 2 seperate (or more) sections and reply to what they said point by point.

Anybody help with that?
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    From my experience, the code option only responds to tab delimiters and drops all others (notably spaces). The "easiest" way to do it is to create the table in notepad using tabs to line everything up.
    I think

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    Thanks for all the replies. I've gone to the "more" smilies page many times but it never occured to me to expand the page and see what was in the 2nd column. Duuuhhhhh.

Thanks!
    I figured out

Quote Originally Posted by gonelong View Post
    Reply to this post. When looking at the smilies located to the right, click on the [More] link below them. The "barf" smilies is there. Occassionally I'll search for a new smilie from another board and link it in as an image.

Like this:

GL

the first one (by hitting the " piece of paper next to quote on the first post and then quote on the 2nd quote I want to capture....

But I'm not sure how you break someone's quote into sections, unless you do it manually. Is that the only way you can do it?
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Breaking it up manually is the way I do it, RL. I'm not sure if there's a better way.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Testing this:

[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\XXXXXX\My Documents\My Pictures\Buried.jpg[/IMG]

Can't do that...hmmm.

Help please.

Here's what I did. I went to My pictures on my PC. I clicked on a picture in My Pictures and dragged it onto a internet window. The internet window opened and I dropped the picture in that window. I was thinking if I did that I could add the image as a [IMG] instead of having to add it as an attachment. Doesn't seem to work as the path the internet window is from my desktop and more specifically, the My Pictures folder. Is there a way to accomplish this, so that I can add the image through the [IMG] tag instead of attaching it?
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader View Post
    Testing this:

[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\XXXXXX\My Documents\My Pictures\Buried.jpg[/IMG]

Can't do that...hmmm.

Help please.

Here's what I did. I went to My pictures on my PC. I clicked on a picture in My Pictures and dragged it onto a internet window. The internet window opened and I dropped the picture in that window. I was thinking if I did that I could add the image as a [IMG] instead of having to add it as an attachment. Doesn't seem to work as the path the internet window is from my desktop and more specifically, the My Pictures folder. Is there a way to accomplish this, so that I can add the image through the [IMG] tag instead of attaching it?
    You can only use the IMG tag with a web address.

If you want to add a picture from your hard drive, click on "Manage Attachments" underneath the posting field (under Additional Options). You will be able to add attachments there.

If you don't want to post it through an attachment, you need to find a way to upload it online first. Then you can use the IMG tag.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    You can only use the IMG tag with a web address.
    If you want to add a picture from your hard drive, click on "Manage Attachments" underneath the posting field (under Additional Options). You will be able to add attachments there.
    Thanks paint. I knew I could add it as an attachment, and know how to add attachments, I just wasn't sure if I could somehow move that picture to an internet window and then add it as an IMG instead of an attachment. The bolded line above tells me that is not possible.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    Breaking it up manually is the way I do it, RL. I'm not sure if there's a better way.
    Breaking it up is hard to do period.

Whoops...wrong thread ... see you later...
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

This thread should be a sticky. Very helpful to a dolt like myself.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

We really oughta archive this.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Oh, and can you search for threads about Adam Dunn striking out too much? I figure that is pretty complicated.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Quote Originally Posted by 919191 View Post
    Oh, and can you search for threads about Adam Dunn striking out too much? I figure that is pretty complicated.
    At the top of this page (and every page) there is a link to the search fields. You can either type in "Adam Dunn strikeout" in the search field there, or go to the advanced search field and narrow your search more specifically to what you are looking for (only Old Red Guard threads between Jan 1, 2005-March 12, 2005, for example). Then, just hit search and it will show you results.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 919191 View Post
    Dunn + Strikeout

GL

Remember folks, just because Krono has 47,000+ posts, doesn't exactly give him a PHD in RedsZone Academy
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

test

hmmm...test failed...

Turn Off Ads?