Turn Off Ads?
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031

Thread: First Gamethread of 2007! Reds and Pirates 3-1-07

Re: First Gamethread of 2007! Reds and Pirates 3-1-07

Sounds like Salmon's main sin was the guys behind him were doing a Keystone Cops routine.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by 5DOLLAR-BLEACHERBUM View Post
    It is one game, but with the signing os Hermanson I would say today did't help his case much.
    Hermanson was signed to a minor league deal and isn't even up to full velocity yet no way he makes the trip out of Florida with the big club.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Sounds like Salmon's main sin was the guys behind him were doing a Keystone Cops routine.
    Besides, did he really look worse than Cormier?

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    It's one game and we have him pegged for AAA. I guess Hamilton will win MVP honors and Dunn will never make an out.
    Unfortunatley, not every guy will get equal 'air time' on the field. Just a cold hard fact that some of the fringe guys aren't going to get too many looks out there. So what little time they have has to stand head and shoulders above the other people fighting for a spot on the team to make people serriously consider him.

So while it's not fair, and the D behind him caused most of the problems, he did himself no favors by having controll issues and not being dominating.

Quote Originally Posted by geniusMoment View Post
    He was really against the wall as is, and he committed the worst possible sin for a reliever. He had control trouble. In an overcrowded bullpen he's now at the end of the line, and his chances to pitch will be limited. It may not be fair, but this outing really hurts him.

I just disagree with this point. Any manager including Narron who makes judgements based on 1 game should be out of a job. The bullpen is overcrowded but I wouldn't say Salmon's competition is exactly stiff.

Jerry Gil is to Jerry Narron as Jason Romano is to Dan O'Brien.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    Unfortunatley, not every guy will get equal 'air time' on the field. Just a cold hard fact that some of the fringe guys aren't going to get too many looks out there. So what little time they have has to stand head and shoulders above the other people fighting for a spot on the team to make people serriously consider him.

So while it's not fair, and the D behind him caused most of the problems, he did himself no favors by having controll issues and not being dominating.
    With some defense, he's out of the inning with a K and a walk. I agree he'll need to turn some heads down the road, but I doubt he did anything to hurt his chances. In fact, he might get some credit for getting a whiff and then inducing a grounder when the bases got loaded with no outs. He isn't going to be in the first round of demotions, so he'll have more chances to stand out over the next two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by 11larkin11 View Post
    Is it Sal-min or Sammin?
    It's Salmon.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

From rotoworld:

Top prospect Andrew McCutchen homered and doubled off Eric Milton as the Pirates' left fielder on Thursday.
    Well, sure, but let's see how he does when he faces some major league pitching. McCutchen is expected to open the season at Double-A Altoona.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    He isn't going to be in the first round of demotions, so he'll have more chances to stand out over the next two weeks.
    When are the first rounds of cuts BTW?

Top prospect Andrew McCutchen homered and doubled off Eric Milton as the Pirates' left fielder on Thursday.
    Well, sure, but let's see how he does when he faces some major league pitching. McCutchen is expected to open the season at Double-A Altoona.
    Oh, that's funny stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    When are the first rounds of cuts BTW?
    Not 100% sure. I think it's usually 10 days or so before you see the first wave go down. Standridge got 7 IP last ST and Robbins got 9.2 IP. I'd expect Salmon will get roughly the same sort of trial, unless he implodes.

Wow, GREAT start for Hamilton!!!!!!!!!

1-0, not pretty, but I'll take it.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/boxscore.jsp...inmlb_pitmlb_1
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Eric Milton followed by Paul Wilson. ROFLMAO!
    Now that's great comedy. That's like Grandma Moses starting and Methusaleh coming in from the bullpen. The Pirate hitter's eyeballs must have had extreme difficulty staying in their sockets!

It's gonna be a loooooooooooonnnnnnnnnng season!

Turn Off Ads?