Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Thread 3-9-07

Re: Game Thread 3-9-07

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    Does this set the record for the earliest game thread started with lineups included in the first post?
    Trent had lineups posted about 9:15.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

2. Turn Off Ads?

For those of you in Cleveland territory today's game is on the Indians network Sports Time Ohio.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Part of me thinks we will see the horror (to me anyway) of Jeff Conine as the opening day RF this year...
    We will be spared by the fact that Carlos Zambrano is a right handed pitcher.
    (but only by that)
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Part of me thinks we will see the horror (to me anyway) of Jeff Conine as the opening day RF this year...
    That would be stupidity at an awfully high level. Especially considering he's easily the worst outfielder on the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    so does anyone really know what the deal with Jr is? Season is only 3 weeks away.
    The guy sat out a pennant race with a toe injury. You really think he's going to tough it out in spring training?

All dyslexics must untie!

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    For those of you in Cleveland territory today's game is on the Indians network Sports Time Ohio.
    Not on DirecTV channel 637, women's basketball pre-empts (checked last night)
    Never overlook the obvious

that much we know. And we've been hearing for a week that he's almost ready, yet hasn't played. With Jr and the Reds general obfuscation with any injury he has I was wondering if he has issues that are more serious than has been acknowledged.

Lohse is hurt too. When they get better they will play. People didn't think this injury was very serious when it happened. I said that he may not be back as soon as everyone thinks. That it could linger longer than just into ST. But most everyone else thought he'd be ready to go once the ST games started. I don't think it's some kind of conspiracy to keep people from not buying tickets. I broke my ankle about 2 and a half years ago. I still have lingering pain when I walk or run on it. Jr. has better doctors than I did and has a better and more thorough rehab. But that's only going to get him so far. He's either going to have to play through the pain or wait until there's no pain. That wrist is an integral part of his swing. Much more than a hamstring a knee or a toe. If he still can't play when the season starts they should put him on the DL. He'll play when he's ready and no amount of hollering and screaming from us is going to get him back one day sooner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    People didn't think this injury was very serious when it happened. I said that he may not be back as soon as everyone thinks.
    with anyone other than Jr it wouldn't be an issue. It's not like the Reds don't have a history of downplaying the seriousness of his injuries, which has made me cynical with any declaration they make about his health.

with anyone other than Jr it wouldn't be an issue. It's not like the Reds don't have a history of downplaying the seriousness of his injuries, which has made me cynical with any declaration they make about his health.
    Last year's knee injury was the best example. "Day to day" turned into a month pretty fast.

What do you want them to do, say he's going to be out for the season even if he comes back in mid April? The medicos can say he's going to be back on such and such a date but it's only an educated guess.

The other night Marty said he'd be disappointed if Jr. wasn't ready within the next week or so. I wonder who he'd be disappointed with. Jr.? The medical staff? The surgeon? Narron for not making him play through the pain? I think most people are going to be frustrated rather than disappointed. If Jr. was a well known malingerer, then I could see why people would be upset at him if he's out any significant amount of time again. But he's always said he wants to play so you really can't blame him. I hope his soreness goes away tomorrow. But if it's still sore and he is swinging the bat, unless he shoots the wrist up, it's probably going to limit his effectiveness until it isn't sore any longer. We're just going to have to deal with it.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    Last year's knee injury was the best example. "Day to day" turned into a month pretty fast.
    but he did know how to make a return, walkoff homer vs. the Nats

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

And we're just about to get under way.

Arroyo still experiencing the flu symptoms they're saying, but he wants to get out and pitch through it. Hopefully 3 innings if he feels up to it.

Cool. Stewart said Arroyo will pitch two or three innings and be followed by Bailey.

Ought to be fun.

Grady Sizemore leads off the game.

2-2 count, Sizemore gets caught looking at a curve. 1 down.

Turn Off Ads?