Turn Off Ads?

Thread: My turn....typical opinion thread on my 1st team of the year...

My turn....typical opinion thread on my 1st team of the year...

10 team 7x7 league. 22 rounds. Start C-1B-2B-SS-3B-OF-OF-OF-MI-UTIL

Offense = R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, BB, K

Pitching = W, L, SV, ERA, WHIP, HR, K

Draft pick # next to the name.

C - M. Piazza #108
    1B - D. Lee #48
    2B - C. Utley #8
    SS - B. Hall #83
    3B - E. Chavez #113
    OF - C. Crawford #13
    OF - B. Abreu #33
    OF - R. Baldelli #128
    MI - H. Kendrick #148
    UTIL - T. Helton # 133
    BN - C. Burke #188
    BN - N. Markakais #168
    BN - E. Encarnacion #213

SP - C. Carpenter #28
    SP - J. Smoltz #53
    SP - B. Sheets #68
    SP - J. Contreras #208
    SP - J. Patterson #173
    RP - F. Cordero #73
    RP - C. Cordero #93
    RP - O. Dotel #153
    RP - S. Torres #193

Right off the bat I noticed I am light on power. Utley and Lee are my only potential 30+ guys unless Helton really rebounds or Hall goes off again this year. I believe I will do very well in SBs, AVG, R, and K. I will be ok in RBIs, but will lack in BBs and HRs.

I love the potential of my starting pitchers. If Sheets stays healthy I believe I have the best 1-3 in our league. Patterson hopefully will be back and the same pitcher as he was in 05. My relievers are all on bad teams but should hold their jobs the whole season.

Anyways, thanks for any suggestions or thoughts.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: My turn....typical opinion thread on my 1st team of the year...

I like your team a lot. I think a healthy Chavez will hit 30 HR, and Helton and Abreu will rebound and hit about that many. Piazza will be a Top 5 catcher since he is DHing this season.

Your pitching staff is fairly unbeatable.

You might be hurting a little for saves, since you've got closers from bottom-feeder teams. But other than that, I don't see a weakness on your squad.
    Last edited by Johnny Footstool; 03-12-2007 at 03:54 PM.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

I think you could use one more run producer...and I think Chavez will be another bust this season.

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    I think you could use one more run producer...and I think Chavez will be another bust this season.
    I agree with needing one more middle of the order guy who will drive in 100. The nly guy who I think might fit that bill that is still left on the waiver wire is Eric Byrnes. Supposedly he may hit cleanup for the DBacks if Chris Young wins the leadoff spot.

Would anyone drop Encarnacion or Burke and pick up Byrnes and have him replace Baldelli in the OF or possibly Helton in the UTIL if Helton doesn't produce?

I also believe Markakais is set for a blow up year. He could also be that 100+ RBI guy that I need.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye33 View Post
    I agree with needing one more middle of the order guy who will drive in 100. The nly guy who I think might fit that bill that is still left on the waiver wire is Eric Byrnes. Supposedly he may hit cleanup for the DBacks if Chris Young wins the leadoff spot.

Would anyone drop Encarnacion or Burke and pick up Byrnes and have him replace Baldelli in the OF or possibly Helton in the UTIL if Helton doesn't produce?

I also believe Markakais is set for a blow up year. He could also be that 100+ RBI guy that I need.
    But you got nowhere to play Markakis really.

I would probably dump Burke for Byrnes. Not EdE, esp with Chavez.

Turn Off Ads?