Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Gamethread - 3.19 vs. Tigers

Re: Gamethread - 3.19 vs. Tigers

Reds optioned LHP Brian Shackelford and RHP Brad Salmon to Triple-A Louisville.

If you want to win a spot in the Cincinnati pen, it helps to be 40 or at least out of options. The Reds weren't going to carry Shackelford when they had already guaranteed roster spots to fellow lefties Mike Stanton and Rheal Cormier. Throw in Bill Bray and they'll have three southpaws in the bullpen to start the year.
    Quote from rotoworld...

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

I'm not surprised at all, no matter what Lord Fay of Obvious says, about Salmon and Shackleford being optioned. If Salmon keeps missing AAA bats, he'll get his chance sometime between now and 2009.

I'm in class - could someone please do a PBP? I would greatly appreciate it....

Quote Originally Posted by hippie07 View Post
    I'm in class - could someone please do a PBP? I would greatly appreciate it....
    Nice to see our future leaders demonstrating a clear respect for their priorities in life

Well done, I say

You cannot defeat an ignorant man in an argument!
    -William Gibbs McAdoo

Though many of us here are sure trying

I can't do PBP, but here's what C Trent has in his blog for the game so far:

Top 1: Denorfia grounds out, 6-3. Gonzalez grounds out 5-3, nice barehanded play by Neifi Perez. Yep, I'd trade Jermaine Dye for that guy [/bitterroyalfan] Phillips 5-3.

Bottom 1: I'm a cell phone guy and I'd be lost without my Blackberry, but in the workplace, I don't want to hear your personal conversations. Work, fine. Catching up with old friends? Take it somewhere else. Mark Bellhorn is playing first, not Conine. And Curtis Granderson flies out to right. We are told Conine had a family emergency. Rodriguez drops one between Wise and Hopper. Poor communication and probably should have been caught. IRod in for a double. Arroyo walks Sheffield, which would seem like a good move with a runner on second and Sheffield up, but that brings up Magglio Ordonez. That's one heck of a lineup. Lancaster grew up a Tigers fan and with me as a Royals fan, we used to argue about which team was worse. And now, wow, now they've got perhaps the best team in baseball. For the record, Kansas City does not. Arroyo dropped down to a somewhat sidearm delivery with two strikes and got Mags looking. Reds 0, Tigers 0

Top 2: Rogers hit Dunn. EE hit one to the wall in left -- Sheffield looked like he had trouble with the sun, but did pull it in, Dunn had to go back to first. Maybe to spend more time with Casey. Bellhorn walks. 5-3 double play. Maybe the Royals were right to get rid of Dye for Neifi. Or not. Reds 0, Tigers 0

Bottom 2: Case doubles. Which menas just about anyone else would have trippled. Well, I wouldn't have. I'm slower than Case. Craig Monroe flies out to Gonzalez. Neifi drops one in front of a diving Denorfia, who may have been able to deke Case going from second to third, but chose to dive instead. Case was in to third relatively easily. 1&3 1 out. Sights you see in spring training only -- Jim Leyland calls for a squeeze with Casey at third. Santiago singles to right, scoring Casey. 1-0 Tigers. Anyone but Granderson and the Reds are out of this inning. He hit a grounder to second and beat out the double play. Heck, even the scoreboard here at Joker Marchant Stadium had three outs. Polanco hits a shot to center, but Wise makes the play coming in. Tigers 1, Reds 0

is there any score?
    Back to following MiLB; there's always hope for tomorrow!

Tigers 1, Reds 0

What did Tony La Russa do to Marty?? Marty seems to have little love for him.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Where can I listen to the game on the net?

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    LaRussa didn't have to do anything.

To know him is to hate him.

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post

I thought Marty started getting some man-love for him the past couple of years. He's mentioned that diring the 04 World Series, Tony really was good to Thom so then he was OK with Tony. But Marty doesn't like how Tony over-manages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    But Marty doesn't like how Tony over-manages.
    A few too many golf outings ruined by a getaway day matchup that stretched past the 4:00 mark with needless righty/lefty matchup changes in games the Cardinals were already up by 10.

And I'm with Marty on it -- Tony LaRussa does for the sake of doing, and has no bigger fan in this world than Tony LaRussa.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    But Marty doesn't like how Tony over-manages.
    I don't think he's alone, there...

is game feed available on the net?

3rd inning update from C. Trent.

Top 3: 6-3 then Wise pops up a bunt. Two quick outs here. Denorfia walks. Gonzalez flies out. Tigers 1, Reds 0

Bottom 3: IRod singles up the middle. Sheffield walks. Infield fly brings up Casey with 1 out and men on 1st and 2nd. I smell a double play. Casey isn't quite as quick as Curtis Granderson. Single to right-center scores IRod, then Hopper throws kinda back toward first, but Phillips gets a glove on it and it goes far enough off target to advance the runners. E9. Monroe up with men on 2nd and 3rd and one out. Sac fly. Neifi flies out to second. 1 earned, 1 unearned run that inning. Tigers 3, Reds 0

Turn Off Ads?