AL Central: Detroit Tigers

AL West: Los Angeles Angels

AL Wildcard: New York Yankees

AL MVP: Alex Rodriguez

AL Cy Young: Daisuke Matsuzaka

AL Rookie of the Year: Daisuke Matsuzaka

AL Champion: Boston Red Sox

World Champion: Boston Red Sox
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2007 MLB Prediction Thread

Here's mine:
    National League
    NL Central: Cubs

NL East: Phillies

NL West: Dodgers

NL Wild Card: Mets

NL MVP: Albert Pujols

NL Cy Young: Aaron Harang

NL ROY: Chris Young

NL Champion: Mets

American League
    AL East: Red Sox

AL Central: Tigers

AL West: Angels

AL Wild Card: White Sox

AL MVP: Paul Konerko

AL Cy Young: Johan Santana

AL ROY: Daisuke Matsuzaka

AL Champion: White Sox

World Champion: White Sox over Mets in 6

NL Central- Chicago Cubs
    NL East- Florida Marlins
    NL West- Arizone Diamondbacks
    NL Wild Card- Cincinnati Reds

AL Central- Cleveland Indians
    AL East- New York Yankees
    AL West- Los Angeles Angels
    AL Wild Card- Boston Red Sox

CY YOUNG
    AL- Johan Santana
    NL- Bronson Arroyo

MVP
    NL- Albert Pujols
    AL- David Ortiz

ROY
    NL- Hamilton
    AL- Matsusaka

NL Champion- Chicago Cubs
    NL Champion- Boston Red Sox

Red Sox over Cubs in 6

NL East

1. New York Mets
    - This will be the team to beat in the NL for the next five years. Some people, most in the New York media, wailed aloud that the team didn't sign a big name pitcher this offseason, but the rotation has young guys to pick up the slack. The team in the field is all kinds of good and Lastings Milledge is just about ready to make it better.

2. Atlanta Braves - They'll bounce back, but the mystique is gone and without voodoo this team isn't beating the Mets.

3. Philadelphia Phillies - A two-man offense, a bullpen on the brink of ruin and a starting staff prone to the longball will lead to another forgettable season. The most interesting thing for Philly fans will be betting the over/under on Cole Hamels getting a major arm injury. That might divert them from complaining about the Eggles' dime package on sports radio for a few seconds.

4. Florida Marlins - Progress is rarely linear. The Fish are in for a rough season. Expect a summer filled with Dontrelle Willis and Miguel Cabrera trade rumors.

5. Washington Nationals - Jim Bowden isn't a general manager, he's a Dadaist seeking to field a baseball team without any pitching. This team might get him into the Guggenheim.

NL Central

1. St. Louis Cardinals
    - It's their division until someone takes it from them. The Vatican will confer living sainthood to Dave Duncan for his work with Kip Wells this year. The mid-season trade for Carl Crawford will help too.

2. Milwaukee Brewers - This team has no excuses. It's good and it's the deepest club in the league. If this team can't crack the .500 barrier and challenge for the playoffs then the franchise is clearly cursed for Bud Selig's misdeeds in 1994.

3. Houston Astros - Outside of Adam Everett (who's in danger of havign Tom Veryzer beat him up for his lunch money), the fielding on this team is atrocious. The offense pretty much revolves around getting something out of Morgan Ensberg, but Fernando Nieve should help form a solid 1-2-3 in the rotation (pre-Clemens). Brad Lidge will permanently assume the fetal position on May 12, 2007.

4. Cincinnati Reds - Adam Dunn and Edwin Encarnacion won't be able to save a team that's too thin to contend over 162 games. The big news this summer will be the trade of Ken Griffey Jr. to the Braves.

5. Pittsburgh Pirates - Jack Wilson should have been traded yesterday so that the Brian Bixler Era could begin. Indeed, fifty years in the future Pirates history will be divided into two groups: P.B. (pre-Bixler) and B.D. (Bixler Domini).

6. Chicago Cubs - Alfonso Soriano in CF will be pee-your-pants funny. Opposing teams will need to track shoes for all the running they'll have to do on balls hit to the Cubs outfield. Oh yeah, the pitching sucks too.

NL West

1. San Diego Padres
    - The Padres don't make headlines with their moves, but Marcus Giles will form one of the best all-around keystones in baseball with Khalil Greene, Kevin Kouzmanoff is for real at the plate and Greg Maddux will fit in great with a good, young rotation.

2. Los Angeles Dodgers - The Dodgers have talent, but did anyone bother to think about how it all fits together? What Juan Pierre, Randy Wolf and Brett Tomko are doing on this team is a mystery too.

3. Arizona Diamondbacks - They're young and exciting. That rarely translates to immediate glory. Having Edgar Gonzalez and Enrique Gonzalez on the pitching staff should allow them to pull the old Killer Bees switcheroo when the umps have their backs turned.

4. San Francisco Giants - This team is as decrepit as the backdrop to a Faulkner novel.

5. Colorado Rockies - Good to see Todd Helton's back on the HGH. He's got a football mentality don't you know. Last year's pitching was a pleasant departure, but it's back to atrocious mound work for this franchise. Sometime this season Jerry McMorris will finally turn to Dan O'Dowd and say, "Good Lord you're incompetent."

Wild Card - Brewers
    MVP - Jose Reyes with 20+ doubles, triples and homers on top of 80+ SBs and a batting title
    Cy Young - Roy Oswalt's got to win one of these years
    Rookie of the year - Ryan Theriot, the only good thing to happen to the Cubs this year

AL East

1. New York Yankees
    - The lineup is almost mythical. It's like Michael Myers, Freddie Kruger, Jason Voorhees, Candyman and Chuckie all got together for a killing spree.

2. Boston Red Sox - Thanks to Daisuke Matsuzaka, sushi sales at Fenway park will soon outstrip hot dog sales. Though having roving sushi vendors walk around in the hot sun during summer games can't be sanitary.

3. Baltimore Orioles - I believe in Leo Mazzone. Seriously, I've seen him in person. I know he exists.

4. Toronto Blue Jays - It's like J.P. Ricciardi sat down this offseason and devised ways of making his team worse.

5. Tampa Bay Devil Rays - Though, like Leo Mazzone, I've seen the D-Rays with my own eyes. I'm still not sure they exist.

AL Central

1. Cleveland Indians
    - They'll win the division on the last day of the year when Shin-Soo Choo hits a homer. It will lead to a Big League Choo endorsement deal for him.

2. Minnesota Twins - Putting Ramon Ortiz, Sidney Ponson and Carlos Silva to start the season will not be without consequences.

3. Chicago White Sox - Oops, the pitching's going to rot.

4. Detroit Tigers - Remember last year? The Tigers would be well-advised to cling to it like a beautiful dream.

5. Kansas City Royals - Hey look, it's the easiest pick in baseball. Is there anyone on the planet who doesn't think the Royals will finish last?

AL West

1. Texas Rangers
    - Don't sweat the details. This team just fired Buck Showalter. It can't lose.

2. Oakland A's - Kind of odd to think that what a Billy Beane team really needs is another big bat or two.

3. Los Anaheim Angels - Too many old guys withering on the vine and new guys who are going to take a while to figure out how to play at the major league level.

4. Seattle Mariners - You know, it wasn't that long ago that the Mariners were a model franchise. Cement contractors are already submitting bids for Bill Bavasi's Puget Sound shoes.

Wild Card - Red Sox
    MVP - Grady Sizemore, and it won't be his last
    Cy Young - Eric Bedard, I know Johan Santana is the best pitcher alive, but voters get bored with stuff like that
    Rookie of the Year - Daisuke
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

NL East:

Atlanta: great bullpens do neat things.

New York: ****e rotation; Billy Wagner has been made to squeal by So Taguchi

Philly: not phun

Florida: Some pretty rad young kids

Nationals: the only guaranteed last place finish in baseball

NL Central:

St. Louis: Go ahead, palpate: it's rock solid.

Houston: underrated as the dickens: wild card winner

Brewers: should be better, but that bullpen is still a bit weird.

Chicago: The only 1-4 that can go toe-to-toe with St. Louis' and NY Mets'

Cincinnati: Bloody boring club; nothing really recommends them outside of Harang and Arroyo (and one is likely to slide a bit).

Pittsburgh: another boring squad with little that jumps out.

NL West:

San Fran: I don't mind old guys when they're good; killer rotation; Bonds will destroy the ball without assistance.

San Diego: overrated rotation; nice bullpen--should be a great showdown between the Pads and Giants from the get-go

LA: Like the rotation; dislike the offense; bullpen a tad overrated.

Colorado: love Francis; like their offense. No je ne sais quoi, however.

Arizona: same take as the one on Colorado--like some parts, but not enough.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Senor Votto

NL Central: Cincinnati Reds

NL East: Philadelphia Phillies

NL West: San Fransico Giants

NL Wildcard: St. Louis Cards

NL Cy Young: Aaron Harang (Repeat preformance of last year will open the eyes of most critics)

NL Rookie of the Year: Josh Hamilton

NL Champion: Cincinnati Reds

AL East: Boston Red Sox

AL West: Los Angeles Angels

AL MVP: David Ortiz

AL Cy Young: Daisuke Matsuzaka

World Champion: Cincinnati Reds

Only six posts in this thread? What gives? Usually we get a few pages of preseason predictions.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Bump. Come on, choad-smokers!
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Only six posts in this thread? What gives? Usually we get a few pages of preseason predictions.
    I'm a thread killer.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

NL East - New York Mets
    NL Central - Chicago Cubs
    NL West - LA Dodgers
    Wildcard - Philadelphia Phillies
    NL MVP - Sir Albert
    NL Cy Young - Roy Oswalt

The bottom line is that almost all the clubs listed above have better offenses and better pitching than the Reds.

And I could give a hoot about the American League. Nothing over there interests me in the least.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

NL Central: Milwaukee Brewers

NL East: NY Mets

NL West: S.F. Giants

NL Wildcard: S.D. Padres

NL Cy Young: Ben Sheets

NL Rookie of the Year: Josh Hamilton

NL Champion: S.F. Giants

AL East: Boston Red Sox

AL West: Oakland A's

AL MVP: Gary Sheffield

AL Cy Young: Rich Harden

World Champion: Boston Red Sox
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Mets
    Cardinals
    Dodgers
    Brewers (wc)

NL Champ: Mets

Yankees
    Indians
    A's
    Tigers (wc)

AL Champ: Indians

World Series: Indians over Mets in 6

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    San Fran: I don't mind old guys when they're good; killer rotation; Bonds will destroy the ball without assistance.
    This is from my prediction from the other day: Bonds has two homers in his first game of the season today (roid-less). I think this season he will slowly take an eraser to the asterisk the media has planted next to his name.

Toot.

He sure could hit HalMorrisRules's Avatar

For what its worth, Pedro Gomez was the only person on ESPN.com's preseason predictions to pick the Reds to win the division.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/previe...=07expertpicks

Braves
    Brewers
    Diamondbacks
    Dodgers (WC)

Red Sox
    Tigers
    Angels
    Yankees (WC)

Tigers over Braves in WS

NL MVP - Andruw Jones
    AL MVP - Ichiro
    NL Cy young - Ben Sheets
    Al Cy Young - Jeremy Bonderman
    NL ROY - Kevin Kouzmanoff
    AL ROY - Daisuke Matsuzaka
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Turn Off Ads?