Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: 4/07/07 vs. Pirates

Senor Votto

Re: 4/07/07 vs. Pirates

That is quite an exhibit for Pete at the Reds Hall Of Fame. I can't wait till I get to go see it some time this year or next year.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Senor Votto

Welsh is going to talk to Ross about catching. Shouldn't he be talking to Javier?

Quote Originally Posted by degenerate10 View Post
    Welsh is going to talk to Ross about catching. Shouldn't he be talking to Javier?
    No he shouldn't be talking to either of them, unless he's asking David Ross about throwing out runners.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

part of BBN

Actually, I really enjoyed the ross tidbits on catching.

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

except welsh called him David Loss
    Witty signature.

I like our TV guys in ties and jackets.....a lot classier look than the FSN sweatshirts.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

got alil captain in u?

gotta love the boys at mlb.tv with the national blackout thingie still don't get that

Quote Originally Posted by captainmorgan07 View Post
    gotta love the boys at mlb.tv with the national blackout thingie still don't get that
    Yep, just realized the time change means no baseball for me today. Sucks. Planned my day around the Reds today.

I know I am going to regret posting this... but maybe if I just throw it out there on the board I can forget about it and get back to being just a total fan of Josh Hamilton.

When Josh missed his first start because of the flu, I didnt think much on it... until I heard he never made it to the ballpark. Then the smallest finger of doubt seeped into my brain. Every logical and rational bone in my body tells me its nothing and just to forget about it... but that slightest finger of doubt is still there. It is kept alive when he has a very impatient un-Josh like AB last night and he gets bypassed for the start we all thought he would make today. Yes, I know the AB could have been caused by the poor umpire strike zone, the cold and the flu, and the flu or Jr demanding to stay in the lineup would explain him riding pine today. Fears are almost always irrational... but being so doesnt make them go away.

Having known and worked alongside recovering alcoholics and drug addicts, the first tell tale sign that their recovery had left the straight and narrow path was always them calling in sick with some illness like the flu.

I dont want to believe this or even think it and I want to banish these doubts from my brain. Josh Hamilton makes me more of a Reds fan than ever and I want it to stay that way.

Help me out here and reassure me that this his illness is totally mundane, that Josh is still the bright and shining wonder boy of the future.

Anyone know of any free audio for the game? I'm in N.C. and it's blacked out on TV (makes sense huh?) and don't have XM radio.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Personally, I don't get the Josh love ..... but I wish him the best.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjohn25 View Post
    Anyone know of any free audio for the game? I'm in N.C. and it's blacked out on TV (makes sense huh?) and don't have XM radio.
    wkki.net
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

got alil captain in u?

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjohn25 View Post
    thegamelive.com and go to baseball and the reds and check out some of the links there

Quote Originally Posted by Brisco View Post
    I know I am going to regret posting this... but maybe if I just throw it out there on the board I can forget about it and get back to being just a total fan of Josh Hamilton.

When Josh missed his first start because of the flu, I didnt think much on it... until I heard he never made it to the ballpark. Then the smallest finger of doubt seeped into my brain. Every logical and rational bone in my body tells me its nothing and just to forget about it... but that slightest finger of doubt is still there. It is kept alive when he has a very impatient un-Josh like AB last night and he gets bypassed for the start we all thought he would make today. Yes, I know the AB could have been caused by the poor umpire strike zone, the cold and the flu, and the flu or Jr demanding to stay in the lineup would explain him riding pine today. Fears are almost always irrational... but being so doesnt make them go away.

Having known and worked alongside recovering alcoholics and drug addicts, the first tell tale sign that their recovery had left the straight and narrow path was always them calling in sick with some illness like the flu.

I dont want to believe this or even think it and I want to banish these doubts from my brain. Josh Hamilton makes me more of a Reds fan than ever and I want it to stay that way.

Help me out here and reassure me that this his illness is totally mundane, that Josh is still the bright and shining wonder boy of the future.
    Honestly, it is a little late in the year for the flu. I did not know he did not even go to the ball park. What was the reason for the missed start today?
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Quote Originally Posted by Brisco View Post

Ah, his wife was very sick and Josh was actually in the hospital. Not like they didn't know where he was.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Turn Off Ads?