Turn Off Ads?
Page 93 of 93 FirstFirst ... 43838990919293
Results 1,381 to 1,389 of 1389

Thread: 4.10.07: Reds @ Diambondbacks---Hamilton's Debut

Re: 4.10.07: Reds @ Diambondbacks---Hamilton's Debut

Not for one second am I blaming Hamilton for the loss, but I just saw the game ender on MLB.com...could that have been played better off the wall? Thoughts from those who saw it?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Not for one second am I blaming Hamilton for the loss, but I just saw the game ender on MLB.com...could that have been played better off the wall? Thoughts from those who saw it?
    Runner would have scored anyway. He was at 3rd when the ball hit the wall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    There is no possible way that Hamilton could have possibly thrown him out home from dead center if he had played it off the wall even with the outstanding arm he has. Its just like walk off sac flys that are deep in the outfield and the outfielder doesnt even try to catch it

Quote Originally Posted by cheerryanfreel View Post
    There is no possible way that Hamilton could have possibly thrown him out home from dead center if he had played it off the wall even with the outstanding arm he has. Its just like walk off sac flys that are deep in the outfield and the outfielder doesnt even try to catch it
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by UK Reds Fan View Post
    Yea..Hatteberg is killing the Reds lineup..only OPS 889 (3rd on team with more than 10 atbats). And he OPS 825 last year. The guy contributes just fine and does his job very well.

But Griffey sits in middle of lineup again with his major OPS of 605 and 802 last year..and declining.

Crapping on Hatteberg and Aurillia was the goat for 2 years while ignoring our highest paid player that is declining at an alarming rate is nuts. If we had more major bats in the 3 and 4 spot we wouldn't have to worry about 6, 7 and 8 spots, but since we get below average production from there, the limelight shifts to Hatteberg, Ross, Gonzo, etc..

Do you think the Cards worry about Molina, Kennedy, Iguchi, etc.. when they've had Pujolos, Edmunds, Rolen, etc...doing there jobs?
    Where did I say he was killing the lineup?

I stated that there is really no good spot for him. He's a singles/walks type hitter who honestly isn't an above average run producer. He's not terrible, but he's surely not above average at driving in runs. Thats fine. But he has no speed so that hinders his place in a lineup.

Its an easy concept really - I'm not saying he bad, awful or as you so eloquently put it, crapping on him. What I am saying is that he doesn't fit neatly anywhere in a National League lineup. Put him on a deeper AL team and he's perfect. Put him on the Reds at the beginning of last year and hit him 6 and he's fine. This year though he is out of place no matter where you hit him.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    In over 1,000 plate apperances in the 2 hole, he's grounded into 20 double plays.

I don't think he'll bounce into 20 in 1 year.
    If you play 162 games in the 2 hole thats over 720 plate appearances. 720 versusjust over 1,000. So I was off - when he hits into 15 double plays will you still be singing the same tune?

And just for reference - its called a Casey because Casey grounded into 19 two years ago. 19 and 15 are surely different, but no so much so.....
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

- - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    If you play 162 games in the 2 hole thats over 720 plate appearances. 720 versusjust over 1,000. So I was off - when he hits into 15 double plays will you still be singing the same tune?

And just for reference - its called a Casey because Casey grounded into 19 two years ago. 19 and 15 are surely different, but no so much so.....
    He's platooning with Conine, he's not going to get near 700 at bats.

Dunn's played in over 160 games the last 3 years, and hasn't got within 30 of 600 ABs, much less 720.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    He's platooning with Conine, he's not going to get near 700 at bats.

Dunn's played in over 160 games the last 3 years, and hasn't got within 30 of 600 ABs, much less 720.
    720 plate appearances from the 2 spot in the order - thats 4 a game.

And fine, you're right, I'm wrong. Hatteberg should be hitting second.
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

- - Fletch

Please delete this. (SORRY)
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Turn Off Ads?