Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: 4-18-07 Astros visit Redlegs: No EE, Day 2

Re: 4-18-07 Astros visit Redlegs: No EE, Day 2

I am nervous to a certain extent that EE isn't in the lineup tonight, but I think that is mainly because of Freel's 4/5 night. He will probably (and hopefully) be back in there tomorrow.

It is interesting, though, that Narron seems to view Phillips as a superior bat. That is hard to figure for me, since I think EE's approach and patience at the plate were excellent last year, and will improve this year. For someone who likes to see "professional" at bats, you would think he would love EE.

Couple that with his benching and reluctance to play him the past few years, there must be some sort of behavioral issue here as well. I mean that Narron has that opinion, whether true or not. I of course don't know if that is the case, but if it is, then I think the Reds will and are wasting a talent quite a bit better than Phillips.
    Thank goodness for baseball.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Senor Votto

Stanton is a beast on the mound. 3rd All Time in games.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Harang must love to see the Astros coming.

Here's what he did against them last year:

4 starts, 4-0, 2.76 ERA, 29.1 IP, 22 H, 5 BB, 23 K

In 2005 it was:

4 starts, 1-2, 3.33 ERA, 27 IP, 23 H, 6 BB, 25 K
    I'm much more concerned with a good outing by Harang tonight than the win. Ok, I'll take the win too.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Quote Originally Posted by degenerate10 View Post
    Stanton is a beast on the mound. 3rd All Time in games.
    He's durable, but I'd hardly call him a beast. He's got a career 3.79 ERA with a 1.33 WHIP. No one's confusing him with Mariano Rivera, Billy Wagner and Trevor Hoffman.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    He's durable, but I'd hardly call him a beast. He's got a career 3.79 ERA with a 1.33 WHIP. No one's confusing him with Mariano Rivera, Billy Wagner and Trevor Hoffman.
    Stanton is in a league of his own

We need to win tonight with Harang going against Sampson...

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Marty asked Jerry on the pregame what if Griffey hits an infield grounder and jogs to first.......like he usually does.....

Jerry said, we'll talk about it, but he probably won't be playing after that....but he hopes it doesn't happen......

We'll see.

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Marty asked Jerry on the pregame what if Griffey hits an infield grounder and jogs to first.......like he usually does.....

Jerry said, we'll talk about it, but he probably won't be playing after that...

We'll see.
    Griffey has terrible legs I completely understand if he doesn't sprint every time it hits the ball. I said it last night and I'll say it again. Is one run really worth the risk of Griffey getting hurt?

Griffey has terrible legs I completely understand if he doesn't sprint every time it hits the ball. I said it last night and I'll say it again. Is one run really worth the risk of Griffey getting hurt?
    Well....then maybe he shouldn't be playing if he can't play up to the standards set by management

Griffey was not going to score on that play, no matter what Jeff Brantley says. And someone should also tell Brantley that Bill Hall scored from first on a double to the wall, not a "base hit". And is it really fair to compare the speed of Jr. to Bill Hall's at this stage in their respective careers?
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Freel and Hamilton and 6 hits last night, and Phillips has been hitting well the last few days.

Narron is playing the hot hand(s).

We all know when it's time to be worried, I'll worry about the EE situation. I'll be loud about it too. You all saw it last year. :lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Stat geek...and proud

Chat is open, peeps. Just a reminder. The more the merrier.

Can he be stopped?

No more Chad Moeller... Norris Hopper is up from AAA, Chad is DFA

Quote Originally Posted by Dunner44 View Post
    No more Chad Moeller... Norris Hopper is up from AAA, Chad is DFA
    Is this a wish or fact?

Nevermind....it's fact

HOPPER OFF DISABLED LIST

Moeller Designated For Assignment

CINCINNATI - Prior to tonight's game against the Houston Astros, the Cincinnati Reds reinstated from the 15-day disabled list and recalled from a rehabilitation assignment OF Norris Hopper and designated for assignment C Chad Moeller.

Hopper had been on the disabled list since April 1 with a bruised right heel suffered in a spring training game on March 19 against the Tigers in Lakeland. He hit .281 in 8 rehabilitation appearances at FSL Reds and Class AAA Louisville.

He is in uniform number 30 for tonight's game against the Astros.

Moeller hit .167 in 6 appearances for the Reds. He did not make a start.

Turn Off Ads?