Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 4-21-07 vs Phillies

Re: 4-21-07 vs Phillies

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    Just curious folks....I live several hours away and plan my trips around work etc.
    However looking at the walkup for last night,just wondering about you guys that live close.
    Tonight......let's say beautiful weather. A great night for a reds game. You know Milty is on mound. Does that cause you to save your money till day another or go ahead and go ?
    As I said above, it made my mind up to save my money for another day.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'm sure the casual fan won't even bother to check the pitching matchup for tonight. And if they did, I doubt they would know a difference between Milton and Harang.

I don't understand not going to a game because of the starting pitcher. I could see if the forecast called for rain and 25 degree weather but it is going to be a gorgeous night. If I was anywhere close to Cincinnati this weekend, I would be down there in a second. And really, the Reds could have won the games that Milton has pitched this year..

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Josh is due for a homer....it's been a day

No one has mentioned this yet... GONZO 5th????!

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    I'm hoping that means a guarentee hamilton... i just got the jersey today and i will be in attendance.... your my boy josh!
    Where'd you get your jersey, if you don't mind me asking? Haven't found many to my liking on ebay.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I thought about going to the game, then I saw that Milton was pitching. I'd rather wait and go to a game where I know the Reds have a chance at victory.

The attendance this year has been embarrassing. I just don't get it. I live in Gainesville, FL so, my only real chances to watch the team are when the play in Atlanta or Miami and, when they do so, I'm just about always there. FWIW, both trips are about 5-6 hours for me - not exactly a quick jaunt.

It's a beautiful Saturday night and the Reds are playing. I can't imagine a better place to be, regardless of who takes the bump. But, that's just me, I guess.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    Just curious folks....I live several hours away and plan my trips around work etc.
    However looking at the walkup for last night,just wondering about you guys that live close.
    Tonight......let's say beautiful weather. A great night for a reds game. You know Milty is on mound. Does that cause you to save your money till day another or go ahead and go ?
    I kinda considered going tonight, then saw Milton was pitching and quit considering.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30 View Post
    Not really, because when it's this nice and a seven year old begs his dad to take him to see a big league game, that kid doesn't care who's on the mound.
    He should care, if he brings his mitt and gets an outfield seat, his chances of catching a ball are drastically higher than other nights.

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    The attendance this year has been embarrassing. I just don't get it. I live in Gainesville, FL so, my only real chances to watch the team are when the play in Atlanta or Miami and, when they do so, I'm just about always there. FWIW, both trips are about 5-6 hours for me - not exactly a quick jaunt.

It's a beautiful Saturday night and the Reds are playing. I can't imagine a better place to be, regardless of who takes the bump. But, that's just me, I guess.
    I live in Norfolk va and Im making a trip to the queen city in july (9 hour drive) going to the nationals game (2.5 hour drive) and I'm going to a pittsburgh series (8 hour drive). I see as many reds games as possible. If I lived in Cinci I wold try my best to be at nearly every home game.

In all honesty, I would have to hear a pretty good excuse for not going down to the park on a night like tonight if one lives close to Cincinnati to still consider one an avid baseball or Reds fan. And no, Milton pitching is not a valid excuse. I can't think of too many places I would rather be tonight than GABP.

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by jesusfan View Post
    Even with EE sruggling I would still hit him above Gonzo but maybe Gonzo will go 3-4 with 2 homers now and make it tough for JN to take him out of the 5 hole.

I live in San Diego and I'm going to drive 10 minutes to see the Reds at San Diego.

Just getting calmed down enough to comment. All I can say is if your going to run a lineup like that out there, do it on a Milton start night and lets just get it all over in one fell swoop.

This lineup is brutal. I hope we get a hit. Hamels could dominate us with our best lineup out there.

EE and Ross have been brutal, I can see the justification.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Turn Off Ads?