Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 4-21-07 vs Phillies

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Re: 4-21-07 vs Phillies

Quote Originally Posted by AvesIce51 View Post
    This lineup is brutal. I hope we get a hit. Hamels could dominate us with our best lineup out there.
    Not much different than any other night...

2. Turn Off Ads?

I think Narron must be looking at Gonzalez' .455 BA against lefties and is trying to get this team going against left handers. With the way the other right handers are hitting right now, especially against lefties, maybe Gonzo is the best option in the 5 hole..

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Not much different than any other night...
    Excellent point here. What else can you really do with lefty going out there.
    Before the season , I thought you could give Jr some rest on those days against a lefty and put Freel- Deno at the top.Course things change !

Quote Originally Posted by bengalsown View Post
    I kinda considered going tonight, then saw Milton was pitching and quit considering.
    You could go to see Hamilton.....there aren't many of his species out there.

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    I think Narron must be looking at Gonzalez' .455 BA against lefties and is trying to get this team going against left handers. With the way the other right handers are hitting right now, especially against lefties, maybe Gonzo is the best option in the 5 hole..
    Actually Milty 8th and Ross 9th probably would be closer to right, the way Ross is swinging ( or not swinging).

I'm setting the Milton HR meter over/under at 3...

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    In all honesty, I would have to hear a pretty good excuse for not going down to the park on a night like tonight if one lives close to Cincinnati to still consider one an avid baseball or Reds fan. And no, Milton pitching is not a valid excuse. I can't think of too many places I would rather be tonight than GABP.
    How about that I'm near poverty level because my job has cut back my salary and my hours in order (they claim) to stay in business, and I usually only get to make a couple games a year due to my finances. I choose to be specific about who's pitching when I go.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    How about that I'm near poverty level because my job has cut back my salary and my hours in order (they claim) to stay in business, and I usually only get to make a couple games a year due to my finances. I choose to be specific about who's pitching when I go.

If you can't afford to go every night, that's completely justifiable. No one in his or her right mind should dare give you a hard time about that.

I only have a problem with people who have the means and access to go to a Reds' game and choose not to do so simply because Milton is pitching.

Course, judging by the attendance thus far this season, he's not the only one Reds' fans have chosen to boycott.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    that a way to kill the mood

Point of fact, Gonzalez has hit the ball a LOT better so far this season than EE. So, for one night, against the lefty, no big deal...

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    Course, judging by the attendance thus far this season, he's not the only one Reds' fans have chosen to boycott.
    Reds fan throughout this fair city have been actively boycotting baseball for some years now.
    sorry we're boring

Attendence is what it is. Frankly, management needs to get the message that there are genuine fans who DON'T want to come to the ballpark on a beautiful night because of the enmity that Milton has built up over his time here.

You want people to come? Give them a reason to come. Over the years, Milton has done little more than give people a reason to duck. If they choose to save $50.00 and hope from home that he can outduel Hamels, hard to blame them...

Quote Originally Posted by Always Red View Post
    Reds fan throughout this fair city have been actively boycotting baseball for some years now.
    When I get back to the Queen City, I get a very palpable sense of mild embarrassment with the Reds among the "man on the street," Joe-Punch-Clock fans.

That, or a kind of hangdog indifference.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

I wonder if Gonzo has ever hit in the 5 hole before? Ever.

Lefties really unmask the need for a RH hitting OF'er on this team.

This is not so much anti-Gonzo, at least in my mind, but there is no way on earth this team and FO can seriously think it is playing to win with Gonzo hitting 5th.

He's a nice player, and is hitting the ball well thus far, but unless Dave Ross is your catcher Gonzo hits 8th, everyday.
    sorry we're boring

Why is Hamilton batting so low?

There....somebody had to.

Turn Off Ads?