Turn Off Ads?
Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 303637383940

Thread: Redlegs vs Peglegs -- 4/27/07 - No Griffey again; Dunn demoted

Re: Redlegs vs Peglegs -- 4/27/07 - No Griffey again; Dunn demoted

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    The very bestest part was when Alex G was up with two on and the team down three in the 8th with two outs. That's EXACTLY when you want him up. Instead of Dunn. That was some really awesome managing to get that situation to play out.

Some real special managerial genius at work in this one. My new year's resolution to lay off of Narron is pretty much shredded after tonite. I lasted four weeks into the season though. That counts for something, right?

How long is Moron Narron going to bat Gonzo in the meat of the lineup? Totally insane.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

2. Turn Off Ads?

The only interesting thing about the fact that this has team been so utterly exposed so early in the season is that it puts Wayne on the hotseat from the word go; it should at least be entertaining seeing him scramble like mad to bail the water.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    The only interesting thing about the fact that this has team been so utterly exposed so early in the season is that it puts Wayne on the hotseat from the word go; it should at least be entertaining seeing him scramble like mad to bail the water.
    Move along, nothing to see here!!

Jerry Narron thou art a villain.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    So does Felipe's 40+ SBs.
    He had a 78% success rate last season. With that, he's barely contributing through the use of the stolen base.

Back from the bar!!!!. Still mad about dunn 6 and gonzo 5. then I get to the bar and find out deno has been dealt. Seriously I think they are trying to push me over the edge.

As Reds fans we have two options.........1. Have Narron keep managing this team to the point where we are lucky to be at .500 or 3. Tell the Reds we have had enough and quit showing so much love.

I live 2.5 hours away and last year went to 15 or 20 games, not this year. I am done with going to games til they prove they are serious about winning. That means no more Milton and no more Dunn hitting 6 with Gonzo 5th. Sorry if none of this made sense....see bar.

Just got back from the game. Some comments:

Plusses:
    PNC Park, as always, is a beautiful place to see a game. I had great seats, and the people were friendly (as long as you didn't talk about the NFL). They gave Ken Griffey, Jr. a very nice round of applause when he was announced as the pinch-hitter for Saarloos.

The bullpen pitched well. Saarloos and Santos combined for 3 2/3 innings of shutout baseball.

Some of the Reds hit the ball very solidly. Valentin, Gonzalez, Hatteberg, and Encarnacion all made good contact--some of them got hits, and some didn't, but they all made good contact.

Adam Dunn can hit the ball a long, long way.

Minuses:
    Dunn K'ed three times. Not that I'm against strikeouts vs. other kinds of outs (Well, except for called strikeouts), but he really didn't seem to have any quality swings in those three at-bats, either.

Dunn's lollygagging in LF allowed Jack Wilson to hustle his way to a double. I am a big Dunn fan, but there is really no excuse for this one. Dunn jogged over an picked up the ball, then flipped it back in toward the infield--obviously he assumed that the batter would stop at 1B. But Wilson ran hard right out of the batter's box, and easily made it to 2B.

Hamilton's baserunning gaffe short-circuited a potential rally. I am also a big Hamilton fan, but there isn't any excuse for this one either.

Eric Milton. What can I say? The Reds were down 3-0 before I could even get to my seat. Sure he settled down after the first inning (until he hit the wall in the fifth), but how much longer can the Reds be painted into a corner by his pitching?

Traffic on U.S. 22 between the airport and the Fort Pitt Tunnel was BRUTAL! Hopefully it will be better for the rest of the series.

Anyway, I'll be back at PNC on Saturday and Sunday. Hopefully, both games will have better results.

Congratulations to Adam Dunn, as his home run tonight allowed him to tie fellow #44 Eric Davis for sixth place on the Reds' career home run list.

Updated Reds HR list (players in italics are active):

Reds All-Time Home Run Leaders
    1. Johnny Bench - 389
    2. Frank Robinson - 324
    3. Tony Perez - 287
    4. Ted Kluszewski - 251
    5. George Foster - 244
    6. Eric Davis - 203
    6. Adam Dunn - 203
    8. Barry Larkin - 198
    9. Vada Pinson - 186
    10. Wally Post - 172
    11. Ken Griffey, Jr. - 166
    12. Gus Bell - 160
    13. Joe Morgan - 152
    13. Pete Rose - 152
    15. Lee May - 147
    16. Dan Driessen - 133
    17. Reggie Sanders - 125
    18. Ernie Lombardi - 120
    19. Sean Casey - 118
    20. Frank McCormick - 110
    21. Dave Parker - 107
    22. Chris Sabo - 104
    23. Dave Concepcion - 101
    24. Gordy Coleman - 98
    25. Paul O'Neill - 96
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    Just got back from the game. Some comments:

Plusses:
    PNC Park, as always, is a beautiful place to see a game. I had great seats, and the people were friendly (as long as you didn't talk about the NFL). They gave Ken Griffey, Jr. a very nice round of applause when he was announced as the pinch-hitter for Saarloos.

The bullpen pitched well. Saarloos and Santos combined for 3 2/3 innings of shutout baseball.

Some of the Reds hit the ball very solidly. Valentin, Gonzalez, Hatteberg, and Encarnacion all made good contact--some of them got hits, and some didn't, but they all made good contact.

Adam Dunn can hit the ball a long, long way.

Minuses:
    Dunn K'ed three times. Not that I'm against strikeouts vs. other kinds of outs (Well, except for called strikeouts), but he really didn't seem to have any quality swings in those three at-bats, either.

Dunn's lollygagging in LF allowed Jack Wilson to hustle his way to a double. I am a big Dunn fan, but there is really no excuse for this one. Dunn jogged over an picked up the ball, then flipped it back in toward the infield--obviously he assumed that the batter would stop at 1B. But Wilson ran hard right out of the batter's box, and easily made it to 2B.

Hamilton's baserunning gaffe short-circuited a potential rally. I am also a big Hamilton fan, but there isn't any excuse for this one either.

Eric Milton. What can I say? The Reds were down 3-0 before I could even get to my seat. Sure he settled down after the first inning (until he hit the wall in the fifth), but how much longer can the Reds be painted into a corner by his pitching?

Traffic on U.S. 22 between the airport and the Fort Pitt Tunnel was BRUTAL! Hopefully it will be better for the rest of the series.

Anyway, I'll be back at PNC on Saturday and Sunday. Hopefully, both games will have better results.

Congratulations to Adam Dunn, as his home run tonight allowed him to tie fellow #44 Eric Davis for sixth place on the Reds' career home run list.

Updated Reds HR list (players in italics are active):

Reds All-Time Home Run Leaders
    1. Johnny Bench - 389
    2. Frank Robinson - 324
    3. Tony Perez - 287
    4. Ted Kluszewski - 251
    5. George Foster - 244
    6. Eric Davis - 203
    6. Adam Dunn - 203
    8. Barry Larkin - 198
    9. Vada Pinson - 186
    10. Wally Post - 172
    11. Ken Griffey, Jr. - 166
    12. Gus Bell - 160
    13. Joe Morgan - 152
    13. Pete Rose - 152
    15. Lee May - 147
    16. Dan Driessen - 133
    17. Reggie Sanders - 125
    18. Ernie Lombardi - 120
    19. Sean Casey - 118
    20. Frank McCormick - 110
    21. Dave Parker - 107
    22. Chris Sabo - 104
    23. Dave Concepcion - 101
    24. Gordy Coleman - 98
    25. Paul O'Neill - 96
    Actually, Wilson was not hustling out of the gate. He sauntered into first and, looked up and noticed the palpable lack of urgency to get to the ball by our boy Dunn and immediately sped up and headed for second.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Exciting game
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    “I’m a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball.” - Sean Casey

Turn Off Ads?