Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Game thread forum a mess...

Re: Game thread forum a mess...

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    I think you should have to be a member of the Redszone for 12 months before being able to post on the game threads, reguardless of how many points you have...IMO
    I agree. it would separate the kids from the adults, but that's just my opinion also.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered
    Tonight's game thread was much better.
    Still the ucalled for posts about Junior is worthless and he should go to Florida and retire. Still juvinile in content, but yes. It was a little better.

Thanks to Boss for making things clear to everyone. He is da boss, you know.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post
    It seems more like a mosh pit these days. No doubt, many posters like that atmosphere. It's just not for me.

What exactly is mosh, and how does one go about getting it into a pit?

Or does it occur naturally, and is simply discovered?
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader View Post
    If you limit the game thread to one pbp man, it comes off much more readable. I think M2 was right that some commentary is neccessary, and sometimes welcomed, but the rants really need to stop.

Maybe we ought to pick out one pbp guy and one "color" guy per day to do the games and only give them access to post in that thread. It would be an honor to post in the thread. Could do someone that has ORG priviledges doing the pbp and a RL member doing the color commentary. Maybe that way those two would get to know each other a little better and we could establish a more friendly atmosphere instead of the chaotic college bar scene it is now.
    What an interesting and creative idea ...I'd only allow those 2 to do their jobs and allow others to comment, but very interesting...

In addition, this thread is proof of why this site works and is special...folks are INVESTED here, it's part of what draws me here each day

You cannot defeat an ignorant man in an argument!
    -William Gibbs McAdoo

Though many of us here are sure trying

Quote Originally Posted by 919191 View Post

It occurs naturally when you start playing songs with 4/4 timing.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

So we need to add audio to game threads?
    Go Gators!

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 919191 View Post

It's a soft, pulpy mass usually created in the pit by energetically mixing and beating the original contents of the pit, most often driven by the rhythm of music being played nearby.
    :dancingco

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

Coffey gave up that grand slam when I was on my way home, listening to the game. I remember thinking that the game thread was about the last thing I would want to look at when I got home.

We have had periods over the last seven years where people have ranted and then ranted about the ranting. It never stops, but I will say that I am really surprised by it this time. The Reds are moving in the right direction- they have an energetic owner who wants to win ballgames and who is not afraid to take the team in a direction. I understand the idea that they have decided to strengthen the defense as a way to improve pitching in lieu of spending money they don't have to compete in the overpriced FA market.

The Reds are NOT ready to be the great ballclub that fans want. True, they locked up two great pitchers and have had some pleasant surprises this year, so far. But they are still saddled with problems created by the previous ownership/FO (I can think of two LTC's in particular) and you can't expect that they are going to excel until they can get those things way behind them. The Reds are still basically an inferior team in many important aspects and winning baseball games at the major league level boils down to the talent you have throughout your system. I am realistic about the Reds. I hope they win the NL Central, but I understand that this is an awfully tall order, whether Jerry Narron or Lou Pinella is the manager.

What surprises me is that so many people with so much baseball knowledge, many of whom write some great things on this board, are so down about the Reds. If being a fan made me so angry I'd think of something else to do.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

If being a fan made me so angry I'd think of something else to do.
    Jazzercise helps burn stress.

Just sayin..

WOY, second from left.

Makes all the routine posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsland View Post
    WOY, second from left.

I hope he couldn't be one of the others....
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

If one poster is designated as doing PbP, couldn't you click on his name, then click on "see all posts by"? Then in a few seconds the game thread minus chatter would load for you. Of course, you'd have to scroll from bottom to top to make it work chronologically...
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

That seems a lot of work when it would be far easier for just one person to give the PBP particulars...

What exactly is the "mission statement" for the gamethread? Is it supposed to duplicate the experience of watching/listening to the game for those who can't, or is it supposed to duplicate the experience of watching the game with a bunch of other Reds fans? 'Cause it seems like we have people who want it to be one or the other...
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    It occurs naturally when you start playing songs with 4/4 timing.
    Mosh to disco?

She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    The whole point of a game thread is to talk about the game. Only allow two people in and the game thread becomes pointless.
    I agree. I participate in maybe 1 or 2 game threads per week. It's a way to relax and talk about the action as it happens. I also read them the next day if I missed the game the day before.

If there's too many rules, why would anyone want to participate?

Maybe we should have a regular game thread, and a special sanitized one for those that want only play by play or whatever. If all you want is play by play.. why not just read game tracker?

I like the emotion during the game thread. Not the personal attacks, but the show of emotion.. Even if it's 20 posts in a row cheering a Dunn HR.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Turn Off Ads?