Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Game thread forum a mess...

Re: Game thread forum a mess...

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    That's an awesome idea!

I only work five innings though. (a la the coiffed one)
    I didn't know you worked at all...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    I didn't know you worked at all...
    BRM: 13-3 13-3 13-3

Indiana fans are so cute.

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader View Post
    Maybe we ought to pick out one pbp guy and one "color" guy per day to do the games and only give them access to post in that thread. It would be an honor to post in the thread. Could do someone that has ORG priviledges doing the pbp and a RL member doing the color commentary. Maybe that way those two would get to know each other a little better and we could establish a more friendly atmosphere instead of the chaotic college bar scene it is now.
    That sounds like a really fun idea.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    For instance, I'm as obnoxious, overbearing, smug and self-congratulatory as I ever was. I'm totally on top of my game.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I dont generally post in the Game Threads since I can watch them or listen at home, but when I do go into them I notice 4 or 5 guys all doing PBP. It clutters things up. Maybe a way to calm that down is that 1 or 2 guys can do PBP and limit it to that and everyone else can just chime in on specifics of the game. Just a thought.
    That's sort of the classic way it works. My guess is it will sort of straighten itself out over the next few weeks.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader View Post
    Maybe we ought to pick out one pbp guy and one "color" guy per day to do the games and only give them access to post in that thread.
    The whole point of a game thread is to talk about the game. Only allow two people in and the game thread becomes pointless.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Wow - I read this thread this morning and it was barely over a page. Now we're at 11+.

Good thread, though...obviously.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    Yeah, I really had no idea what was going on in the game last night.
    What? You don't know how to decipher the deeper meanings of bouncing smileys?
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by remdog View Post
    Because I realize that:B: There are some people on this board that I will not connect with due to style. However, that doesn't mean I'm right and they're wrong to use that style.
    Rem
    That's an excellent point and one that many of us don't think enough about.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Kearns View Post
    Maybe a maximum amount of posts per person in game threads. Say 10 or so. That way people may put more thought into each of their posts rather than wasting them on 'Coffey teh sucks' 100 times.

It would also help the vloume of posts in each thread.
    We've been down that road before. It created a mess of complaints.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    What? You don't know how to decipher the deeper meanings of bouncing smileys?
    I'm too busy trying to decipher Ph.Ds from Asia.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    BRM: 13-3 13-3 13-3

Indiana fans are so cute.
    Typical Kentucky fan...dwelling on the past.

:

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    The whole point of a game thread is to talk about the game. Only allow two people in and the game thread becomes pointless.
    You had to go and bring that up didn't you? Other people thought I was a genius until this post...

You're right, if you only have two people in the game thread, it more or less just becomes an observation thread...more for people that just want to follow along and can't watch or listen through some other media, rather than those that want to contribute.

I just figured it'd be a good way to develop a friendly atmosphere and allow for 2 people each night to show off their talent, humor, and sarcasm, of lack thereof, in special way.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I'm going to try to get into Chat tonight. I haven't been in there yet this year and was rarely in it last year. I'd like to see if it's a good way to enjoy the game. As long as people like WilyMo leave me alone, it should be enjoyable...

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    I've got a couple points about negative rep. First, in the very early days of this system you could give a neutral rep. I'd really like to see that option return. I've only given one negative, and it had nothing to do with baseball. There are times where maybe someone deserves a warning, they're teetering on going over the line, but I don't want to hammer their points for it. The ability to say "Hey, watch it" would come in handy sometimes. I think there would be more self-policing by the members if they had the ability to send a message without stripping points from someone.
    Interesting idea. I like it very much. I've PMed some new people instead of negging them. I'd like the option you mention above. I've PMed them to edit out "masked profanity" or clean up a joke just so they won't get ganged up on.

Turn Off Ads?