Turn Off Ads?
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829

Thread: 5/6/07 - Reds vs. Rockies Game Thread

Re: 5/6/07 - Reds vs. Rockies Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    We will never lose another game....until the next one.
    Thanks Yogi
    Go Gators!

2. Turn Off Ads?

From the Rocky Mountain News report of yesterday's game:

Hamilton kept coming, relentlessly so as he gave the Rockies an eyeful of his multiple talents. He made a remarkable catch on Brad Hawpe's liner that was headed straight over Hamilton's head in the eighth. Hamilton said he initially broke to his right, but right fielder Griffey, a former center fielder whom Hamilton said has been of immense help, yelled "back" and Hamilton took off.

During the series, Hamilton, who will turn 26 in two weeks, went 7-for-13 with seven runs scored, a double, triple, two homers and three RBI. Hamilton, the first pick in the 1999 draft, played four seasons in Tampa Bay's organization but was suspended for three seasons through 2005 by Major League Baseball for drug violations.

Reinstated in June, Hamilton played 15 games in the short-season New York Penn League, and in December he was taken by the Reds in the Rule 5 draft. He has made the enormous leap to the majors where, after 26 games, he is hitting .306 with eight homers and 17 RBI.

Reds fans gave him a curtain call after he belted Alberto Arias' 1-1 curveball deep to right-center. That drive gave Hamilton his first multiple-homer game and a wonderfully strange feeling.

"It was like I didn't see the curveball . . . ," Hamilton said. "And when I made contact with it, I was like, Oh, (darn). That's hit good. I don't know how to explain it. It's almost like I wasn't in my own body.

"It was just like in the blink of an eye. I saw the pitch, swung, hit it and I'm running around the bases. Happened so fast. I was actually looking for a sinker away and was just reacting."

1/2 man, 1/2 amazing

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    his BPIs would beg to differ. Majewski has been on borrowed time from the day he stepped into the majors.
    His career DIPS show an ERA in the low 4's. There's room for relief pitchers who can do that.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    His career DIPS show an ERA in the low 4's. There's room for relief pitchers who can do that.
    Maj was a guy on the bubble before the injury; now that he has a nebulous and gnawing injury that's robbed him of his effectiveness, he's slipped into total inconsequentiality.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

"It was like I didn't see the curveball . . . ," Hamilton said. "And when I made contact with it, I was like, Oh, (darn). That's hit good. I don't know how to explain it. It's almost like I wasn't in my own body.

"It was just like in the blink of an eye. I saw the pitch, swung, hit it and I'm running around the bases. Happened so fast. I was actually looking for a sinker away and was just reacting."
    Could this kid be any more amazing?

Good to see Griffey being a mentor.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    Could this kid be any more amazing?
    If he hits 3 home runs in a game, makes another great catch, and another amazing throw in the same game then the answer is yes.

Turn Off Ads?