Turn Off Ads?
Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 374344454647

Thread: 5/7/2007 - Reds/Astros or Oswalt/Lohse II

Re: 5/7/2007 - Reds/Astros or Oswalt/Lohse II

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    What is wrong with saying "SWORD"? The thing I'd like to know is why is Marty talking about a sword in reference to the bullpen? Certainly he's not angry enough to consider lopping off some arms.
    Yeah, yeah, yeah.....
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    Last week, I heard the S-word on a financial show via XM. (the Dave Ramsey show)
    Had to have been a caller.

Ramsey wouldn't say s__t if he had a mouthfull of it.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Well, I've been on vacation for 5 days. I haven't seen a game since last Wednesday. I've seen a few score updates from time to time, but didn't follow closely.

Tying everything together on what I've missed, it was probably a good time to miss this team....I was out of town, enjoying a music festival, enjoying some adult beverages with friends, and jam sessions with friends and random hotel neighbors. Good times! Maybe I should go on vacation again, because what I've come back to isn't pretty.

The bullpen has gotten no better, and they continue to blow games in which the starters and the offense are doing very well, or at worst, good enough to win....we've been waiting for the offense to wake up, and it looks like they have. At least we still have Josh Hamilton.

This team is going to start losing themselves, and their fans if management doesn't shake things up. I don't know what they can shake up, but they need to do something. Bring up new bodies, fire/release people...something. The fans are tired of seeing this garbage year in and year out....and with the Reds already 8 games out of first, the season may already be over. This team in the first month and some change, have not shown they are good enough to dig themselves out of that hole.

It's a sad state of affairs, and it's not looking like there's a chance of it getting any better if the Reds stand pat.

Matt...did you come down to Memphis for MusicFest again?

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Matt...did you come down to Memphis for MusicFest again?
    Yes I did. I'm still somewhat recovering.

I was hoping the Bats would have been in town to play the Redbirds, I probably would have checked out a game, depending on time. They weren't, though...
    Last edited by Matt700wlw; 05-08-2007 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Had to have been a caller.

Ramsey wouldn't say s__t if he had a mouthfull of it.
    I don't think there's any rules against cursing on satellite...

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Yes I did. I'm still somewhat recovering.

I was hoping the Bats would have been in town to play the Redbirds, I probably would have checked out a game, depending on time. They weren't, though...

Went on Saturday myself (took my 11-year-old daughter), enjoyed the Duhks and Old Crow Medicine Show in particular. Hope you had a good time...

PS: Bats are in the IL, Redbirds in the PCL and never the twain meet, so no chance at seeing the Bats unfortunately. I wish Louisville was in the same league as Memphis. Unfortunate that they're not...

Went on Saturday myself (took my 11-year-old daughter), enjoyed the Duhks and Old Crow Medicine Show in particular. Hope you had a good time...

PS: Bats are in the IL, Redbirds in the PCL and never the twain meet, so no chance at seeing the Bats unfortunately. I wish Louisville was in the same league as Memphis. Unfortunate that they're not...
    I had a blast...I couldn't have asked for any better weather, either! Aside from a few small hiccups with mother nature, I have no complaints...and it didn't affect any of the shows I wanted to see.

I had no idea about the Redbirds and the Bats...I just figured with the Reds and Cardinals...

Oh well!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    I don't think there's any rules against cursing on satellite...
    No there are not. XM 66 Raw is a testament to that.

I was just saying that Ramsey's a noted Christian and I think his show is usually on the Christian Talk channel.

OCMS rules.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    No there are not. XM 66 Raw is a testament to that.

I was just saying that Ramsey's a noted Christian and I think his show is usually on the Christian Talk channel.
    He must have been fired up

Re: OCMS: They really do. And their live show was absolutely unreal. Very tight. A genuine highlight.

Re: OCMS: They really do. And their live show was absolutely unreal. Very tight. A genuine highlight.
    Saw them a few weeks ago in Dayton. They were very good.

Turn Off Ads?