Turn Off Ads?
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232930313233

Thread: Reds v Astros 5/9

Re: Reds v Astros 5/9

Quote Originally Posted by Aronchis View Post
    Who is worse? The Nationals or the Reds?
    We'll find out on the next homestand.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Postgame: Narron didn't seem too happy after the game, but there were no blowups tonight. Said Belisle has been outstanding all year and Coutlangus and Saarloos did their jobs, but that the Astros just seem to find ways to win games. Especially against the Reds, I say.

Encarnacion said the first error he made was just a routine play and he didn't have an answer as to why that happened. The second one, he said he was surprised he stopped the ball and then didn't have any balance when throwing it to first. Said tomorrow is a new day and all that.

Nothing too exciting from the clubhouse tonight. Just that we had to wait a while for Encarnacion to emerge from the shower.
    -Trent

Edwin needs to relax sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Was at the game tonight, and well, I've been to more exciting Florence Freedom games honestly. The crowd was completely uninterested and busy eating and posing with Gapper and Mr. Red. A giant food court for families and teenagers that place is. I feel like I'm at a shopping mall in the suburbs there.

No history, no unique character, nothing that I associated with the Reds of my childhood. It's just sort of a depressing, empty experience.

Curse John Allen for ruining this city's pride and joy. What an utter failure.

Walking past a Reds' employee's office tonight, you'll see written in marker on a board, "the beatings will continue as long as morale is low," inside the window on the far wall.

I don't know what this team has to do, in order not to become the next Pirates west team, but it makes me sad that the Reds are nothing more than a novelty in Cincinnati now. Have to be honest about how I feel.

I'm headed down to my first game of the season tomorrow, perhaps I'll bring a bit of luck. If not, its a good thing I'm not driving and I can drown my sorrows while watching the game!

At least I'm not going to be watching Uncle Milty, I drew him out of the hat as the starter for my first two visits to the park last year!

And Crackerjack, that quote in the office is so fitting right now that it's painful.

Quote Originally Posted by CrackerJack View Post
    Was at the game tonight, and well, I've been to more exciting Florence Freedom games honestly. The crowd was completely uninterested and busy eating and posing with Gapper and Mr. Red. A giant food court for families and teenagers that place is. I feel like I'm at a shopping mall in the suburbs there.

No history, no unique character, nothing that I associated with the Reds of my childhood. It's just sort of a depressing, empty experience.

Curse John Allen for ruining this city's pride and joy. What an utter failure.

Walking past a Reds' employee's office tonight, you'll see written in marker on a board, "the beatings will continue as long as morale is low," inside the window on the far wall.

I don't know what this team has to do, in order not to become the next Pirates west team, but it makes me sad that the Reds are nothing more than a novelty in Cincinnati now. Have to be honest about how I feel.
    I don't get sentimental about the "great" past of Cincy or anything--but there is a carnival feel to it; just keep the turnstiles rolling, folks; step right up!
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Edwin needs to relax sometimes.

Maybe that's why it took him so long to emerge from the shower

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    Milton is not a new way to lose.
    Neither is the bullpen. I'm just saying

IMHO, winter ball isn't always a good idea for players. I think EE is a little burned out and needs a rest.

They should schedule winter ball so that the pros who participate get a month (minimum) off before spring training starts. Six to eight weeks would be even better.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Turn Off Ads?