Turn Off Ads?
Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2424849505152

Thread: 5/12/2007 - Reds vs. Dodgers (Game 2)

Re: 5/12/2007 - Reds vs. Dodgers (Game 2)

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    Im going to call up Bobby C and let him know they should just cancel the season.
    might as well

2. Turn Off Ads?

The Reds have been very unlucky. We are out OPSing are opponents by 40 points. We have about a .500 pythag and quite frankly, I still have hope. If the bullpen gets turned around, this could be a solid team.

Right now, we are in a situation similiar to that of the Indians of last year. Personally, I think the future is bright.

Quote Originally Posted by kxblue View Post
    The Reds have been very unlucky. We are out OPSing are opponents by 40 points. We have about a .500 pythag and quite frankly, I still have hope. If the bullpen gets turned around, this could be a solid team.

Right now, we are in a situation similiar to that of the Indians of last year. Personally, I think the future is bright.
    I very much agree. So far this season we've seen outstanding stretches of starting pitching, offense, defense, and relief pitching. The problem is that it's seldom come at the same time. If you ask me, this is a team that is grossly underachieving right now, and will end up being respectable (or at the very least watchable) in due time.

Just like Dunn wasn't as bad as he looked when he was in his nasty slump earlier, the Reds aren't as bad as they're looking right now.
    Last edited by Screwball; 05-13-2007 at 02:24 AM. Reason: beer

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    I very much agree. So far this season we've seen outstanding stretches of starting pitching, offense, defense, and relief pitching. The problem is that it's seldom come at the same time. If you ask me, this is a team that is grossly underachieving right now, and will end up being respectable (or at the very least watchable) in due time.

Just like Dunn wasn't as bad as he looked when he was in his nasty slump earlier, the Reds aren't as bad as they're looking right now.
    Normally, I might agree. But we were putting up those favorable pythag. numbers against the weak sisters of the NL; now we have to play the good teams.

I think the first 5 weeks' pythag was an illusion.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Normally, I might agree. But we were putting up those favorable pythag. numbers against the weak sisters of the NL; now we have to play the good teams.

I think the first 5 weeks' pythag was an illusion.
    Sometimes you catch up to your pythag, sometimes it catches up to you. If the Reds continue to play the way they have been of late, it's going to be the latter for them.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Senor Votto

Double post
    Last edited by Degenerate39; 05-13-2007 at 06:46 PM.

Senor Votto

Scully has no respect for the Reds.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by degenerate10 View Post
    Scully has no respect for the Reds.
    You do know your posting in yesterday's thread, right?

Of course, they're all about the same anymore.

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    You do know your posting in yesterday's thread, right?

Of course, they're all about the same anymore.
    I realized that after I did it. No big deal.

Turn Off Ads?