Turn Off Ads?
Page 45 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast

Thread: Site Feedback/Questions

Re: Site Feedback/Questions

Wait, a picture isn't worth a thousand words?

That seems to fly in the face of a couple centuries worth of popular opinion.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

2. Likes:

WrongVerb (07-20-2017)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I'd like to suggest this site consider a policy similar to what I've seen on other sites where they frown on the posting of images with no supporting comments. Here is one such directive:

Images such as Capt Picard face palming with no words of debate are quite worthless IMO and those of other sites. If you think a post is face palm worthy it'd be much more productive to explain why.

Just my $0.02
    What would you say.....ya do here?

5. Likes:

Danny Serafini (07-20-2017),Larry Schuler (07-20-2017),marcshoe (02-24-2018),Tom Servo (07-20-2017),WrongVerb (07-20-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post

7. Likes:

Tom Servo (07-20-2017)

Awfully slow this morning doing practically anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

9. Likes:

cumberlandreds (08-21-2017),Sea Ray (08-21-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Awfully slow this morning doing practically anything.
    What does this have to do with redszone though?
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Anyone that spends any amount of time on this site can see that double posting is a problem. I'm sure MODs have seen it. Is it just something we have to live with or is something being done to deal with it?

Anyone that spends any amount of time on this site can see that double posting is a problem. I'm sure MODs have seen it. Is it just something we have to live with or is something being done to deal with it?
    I assume it happens when there's site slowness for whatever reason. Honestly, I wasn't aware that this was a common enough problem that it warranted investigation beyond that. If others feel the same way, please feel free to chime in.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

It happens occasionally, but regularly. And it has been happening quite a bit over this past weekend.

From a programming perspective, it would appear to be a database issue, like two connections trying to write to the database at the same time. One suggestion is that the table lock setting could be turned off when it should be on. Another is that not enough session connections are (or can be) allocated. No idea if these are what's causing the consistent slow down, of course, but if I was looking for the problem, that's where I would start.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

14. Likes:

Boss-Hog (09-20-2017)

It seems to be happening pretty much every day. Typically what happens with me is that it takes forever for my reply to go thru and then I finally get a database error. I then have to log out of the site and when I log back in I check my post and invariably it will have either doubled or tripled. I then immediately edit it and that generally goes quite smoothly

16. Likes:

Boss-Hog (09-20-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    I assume it happens when there's site slowness for whatever reason. Honestly, I wasn't aware that this was a common enough problem that it warranted investigation beyond that. If others feel the same way, please feel free to chime in.
    It's been happening to me a lot recently. It will just lock up and after a few minutes it will show a data error screen and then when I come back later I posted 3 times.

18. Likes:

Boss-Hog (09-20-2017)

The 2017 NFL season thread is just one of many going today that has double post issues. Just since this morning there's 4 double post examples still up and countless others like mine that were edited thus leaving no trail. Just off the top of my head I'd say at least a half dozen of my posts today were doubled or tripled.

- - - Updated - - -

It's been happening to me a lot recently. It will just lock up and after a few minutes it will show a data error screen and then when I come back later I posted 3 times.
    Exactly my experience as well.

20. Likes:

Boss-Hog (09-20-2017)

I increased the threshold for double posts in hopes that addresses the problem. Please let me know either way if it does or does not. If it doesnt, I'll open a ticket with vBulletin and/or our host. Thanks for your patience with this and for bringing it to my attention.

Things are going very smoothly so far this week. My posts are going through instantaneously; no delay and certainly no double posting

23. Likes:

Boss-Hog (09-26-2017),RedTeamGo! (09-28-2017)

Things are going very smoothly so far this week. My posts are going through instantaneously; no delay and certainly no double posting
    Just to back this up, as SR and I were experiencing the same problems before: I have not experienced any errors in a week or so either.

25. Likes:

Boss-Hog (09-28-2017)

Just to back this up, as SR and I were experiencing the same problems before: I have not experienced any errors in a week or so either.

I'd say the problem's fixed. Glad the fix was so simple.

27. Likes:

Boss-Hog (10-07-2017)

Turn Off Ads?