Turn Off Ads?
Page 59 of 61 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061 LastLast

Thread: Site Feedback/Questions

Re: Site Feedback/Questions

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan9988 View Post
    NM

Draw your own conclusions, everyone!
    There's no conclusions to draw. It's all out here in black and white. I have no idea what happened the last couple of weeks 'cause I was overseas. I sure wasn't thinking about Larry over there

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    There's no conclusions to draw. It's all out here in black and white. I have no idea what happened the last couple of weeks 'cause I was overseas. I sure wasn't thinking about Larry over there
    Well lemme tell ya, you didn’t miss much. It’s great to have you back.

4. Likes:

Sea Ray (03-20-2024)

I really have no intention of this thread continuing to be used for bickering. If anyone else wants to use it for providing legitimate site feedback or questions, feel free.

6. Likes:

Plus Plus (03-20-2024),redsfan9988 (03-20-2024)

Well, I'm data driven, so here's some:

So far in this pretty secluded thread, not including Larry himself, the support for him includes posters with 114,900 combined posts and a somewhere around a combined 150 years of contributions to the board. That handful of posters seem to be in lockstep regarding his absence, despite that fact that everyone in that group has thrown at least one punch at someone else in the group at some point.

To me, that's pretty damned meaningful.

I'm not going to speculate on circumstances, but it's pretty clear that something went wrong here. I don't feel too good about that.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

8. Likes:

Redsfaithful (03-20-2024),RedTeamGo! (03-20-2024),Ron Madden (03-24-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    I really have no intention of this thread continuing to be used for bickering. If anyone else wants to use it for providing legitimate site feedback or questions, feel free.
    My apologies for the part of that I’ve contributed to.

My feedback is that I thoroughly enjoy this site and I’m looking forward to Reds baseball.

10. Likes:

Boss-Hog (03-20-2024)

It took me a while to "get" Larry, once I did I thouroghly enjoyed his posts, he even drop the veil sometimes and was serious. I will miss him, and hope he returns someday. Fare thee well "Chef"

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Larry's consistently one of the best reads on this board. Hope he comes back.
    If nothing else, Cheviot is a better place now because Larry is there.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    Well, I'm data driven, so here's some:

So far in this pretty secluded thread, not including Larry himself, the support for him includes posters with 114,900 combined posts and a somewhere around a combined 150 years of contributions to the board. That handful of posters seem to be in lockstep regarding his absence, despite that fact that everyone in that group has thrown at least one punch at someone else in the group at some point.

To me, that's pretty damned meaningful.

I'm not going to speculate on circumstances, but it's pretty clear that something went wrong here. I don't feel too good about that.
    I just now read thru this so I'm late to respond. I'm certainly not trying to resurrect any ill feelings that came up a few weeks ago, but wanted to voice my support for Larry as well.

I don't think Larry was trying to troll people, but I can understand how some people felt like he was. Then again, I can certainly think of at least one other member who trolls and hasn't been banned so it doesn't make sense from that perspective. The ignore function is sufficient IMO (I only wish that when you ignored you didn't see quote replies).

It is a shame to have a unique longtime voice of nearly 20 years hang it up though it sounds like there's more to the story. I understand why private conservations are that way, I just wish the situation was clearer.

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    I just now read thru this so I'm late to respond. I'm certainly not trying to resurrect any ill feelings that came up a few weeks ago, but wanted to voice my support for Larry as well.

I don't think Larry was trying to troll people, but I can understand how some people felt like he was. Then again, I can certainly think of at least one other member who trolls and hasn't been banned so it doesn't make sense from that perspective. The ignore function is sufficient IMO (I only wish that when you ignored you didn't see quote replies).

It is a shame to have a unique longtime voice of nearly 20 years hang it up though it sounds like there's more to the story. I understand why private conservations are that way, I just wish the situation was clearer.
    Did you miss the fact that Chef wasn't banned? Sure there are trolls on RZ but banning rarely happens from what I've observed

I rarely read Chef's posts so I don't even notice he's gone

I think it is sad that Larry had to leave. I will miss his posts -- which were often incisive and laugh-out-loud funny -- but I also respect the decisions that were made that led to his departure. This is not my board and I have been so grateful to those who have worked to make it possible all these years.

Carry on and thank you.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Three times now, I've clicked on the "Ohtani" thread, and when it opened, I clicked the link to the first unread post at which point it took me to the OJ Simpson thread. Not sure if there is an issue with links or if I'm just an idiot. In case it's actually both, I thought I'd report it.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

I just had the same issue, so it's definitely not you

18. Likes:

mth123 (04-11-2024)

Seems to be fixed now. Thanks.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

I think it was on my end. I meant to merge two OJ threads from different forums and I either made a mistake in doing so or something went haywire and it merged with the wrong thread. Either way, the intent was definitely not to merge anything OJ-related with the Ohtani thread.

21. Likes:

mth123 (04-13-2024),Plus Plus (04-11-2024)

With all the pop ups on this site, a new one has appeared recently. Anyone know anything about this blue box:

Name:  IMG_3567.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  96.5 KB

Turn Off Ads?