Turn Off Ads?
Page 42 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

Thread: Site Feedback/Questions

Re: Site Feedback/Questions

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Autosave

I've been having issues with replying to posts. Mainly in the autosave function of the reply eating up memory as I try to type, causing long lags in the text committing itself to the paper (so to speak) anyone else having this issue?

Is autosave causing this? I think so, but I can't prove it other than within Chrome I have the crappiest time replying lately on all my boxes, at work, at home. Is it possible there is a memory leak with the current configuration?
    I too have this problem in Chrome and it happens on all three computers I use, encompassing Win 7 and XP. Not all the time but often enough to chime in here

2. Turn Off Ads?
    I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Is it me or is every image that's posted getting resized to rather large proportions? Check out lineup image from the game thread from 7/18.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

4. Likes:

Ron Madden (07-20-2016)

Autosave

I've been having issues with replying to posts. Mainly in the autosave function of the reply eating up memory as I try to type, causing long lags in the text committing itself to the paper (so to speak) anyone else having this issue?

Is autosave causing this? I think so, but I can't prove it other than within Chrome I have the crappiest time replying lately on all my boxes, at work, at home. Is it possible there is a memory leak with the current configuration?
    It seems to generally be followed with a message announcing a crashing of Flash Player and a re-load.

6. Likes:

Ron Madden (07-20-2016),westofyou (07-19-2016)

Autosave

I'm seeing that issue, too, woy. I don't know if it's related to the auto-save function, but I do know that most of the time I experience it, it's when I receive a video advertisement at the bottom of my screen with audio. A few times, a "Movies" (can't remember the actual title) slips over the top of the video and brings my browser to a halt. As Sea Ray mentioned, that's often followed by a "Shockwave has crashed" message.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

8. Likes:

Ron Madden (07-20-2016),westofyou (07-20-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Is it me or is every image that's posted getting resized to rather large proportions? Check out lineup image from the game thread from 7/18.
    I've been having this problem for about two weeks

Autosave

I've been having this problem for about two weeks now.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    I'm seeing that issue, too, woy. I don't know if it's related to the auto-save function, but I do know that most of the time I experience it, it's when I receive a video advertisement at the bottom of my screen with audio. A few times, a "Movies" (can't remember the actual title) slips over the top of the video and brings my browser to a halt. As Sea Ray mentioned, that's often followed by a "Shockwave has crashed" message.
    This problem continues. It seems that something on RZ is very busy long after a page has loaded. In the bottom left corner I'm seeing "connecting" over and over again followed by words like spotxchange. I'm finding the way to combat it is to close out of RZ and re-load the site but that doesn't necessarily mean it won't happen again.

Just as a heads up, I'm not purposely ignoring these posts - I'm just not sure exactly what the problem is or how to solve it. Any additional information is appreciated.

13. Likes:

marcshoe (08-10-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    Just as a heads up, I'm not purposely ignoring these posts - I'm just not sure exactly what the problem is or how to solve it. Any additional information is appreciated.
    Might be...... outdated Flash engines having issues with the ad server

I saw that issue on Baseball Reference

15. Likes:

Boss-Hog (08-10-2016),marcshoe (08-10-2016)

The problem is any time ads that have moving pictures are running. Makes the site slow to a crawl on my end. Practically unusable.

17. Likes:

Boss-Hog (08-15-2016),jimbo (08-15-2016),Newport Red (08-15-2016),westofyou (08-15-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    The problem is any time ads that have moving pictures are running. Makes the site slow to a crawl on my end. Practically unusable.
    Yep, the adserver is a resource hog and freezes up the reply window and crashes the shockwave plugin for me

Yep, the adserver is a resource hog and freezes up the reply window and crashes the shockwave plugin for me
    It does more than freeze up the reply window for me. It freezes my ability to scroll through a thread.

Most of the tech talk here is gibberish to me, so what I have to add may not be relevant, but recently I started using Firefox as I have Vista and Chrome isn't supported anymore. 1000 % improvement. And not just here. Other sites. And the car runs better. And the kids listen better. The boss thinks I am smarter. And I think Marty ma even start to rave on Votto's obp.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Quote Originally Posted by 919191 View Post
    Most of the tech talk here is gibberish to me, so what I have to add may not be relevant, but recently I started using Firefox as I have Vista and Chrome isn't supported anymore. 1000 % improvement. And not just here. Other sites. And the car runs better. And the kids listen better. The boss thinks I am smarter. And I think Marty ma even start to rave on Votto's obp.
    What about IE? Is our problem limited to Chrome or is IE just as bad?

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 919191 View Post
    I noticed you left "better looking" out of that list.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    What about IE? Is our problem limited to Chrome or is IE just as bad?
    Worse. Whatever the subject, IE is always worse.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

23. Likes:

919191 (08-17-2016)

Turn Off Ads?