Turn Off Ads?
Page 55 of 59 FirstFirst ... 545515253545556575859 LastLast

Thread: Site Feedback/Questions

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Re: Site Feedback/Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan6272 View Post
    It's still double posting. I notice when you type your reply and hit " post quick reply" it sits and buffers then asks if you want to "cancel" or "leave" if you click cancel and try again the post quick reply it does it again.. this leafs to multiple copies of your reply.. if you click " leave" it takes a few seconds then you only see a double post ..
    I found that hitting "stay on page", and then cancel, and then reload the page, your post will show up with just one copy of the post.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

2. Likes:

Boss-Hog (08-01-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

I suspect the double posts are due to the increased traffic we've been seeing over the past few days as a result of the approaching trade deadline. This time of year is usually our peak season so to speak, and if that suspicion is right, we could probably fix it by paying to upgrade the hardware the site is hosted on, but it'd be way overkill for the rest of the year, so as long as the site stays up (knock on wood), it's really not worth the significant extra monthly cost. Please let me know if you continue to have any problems once we get to the middle of August or afterwards, as traffic likely will have returned to more typical levels by then.

5. Likes:

cumberlandreds (08-02-2022),Plus Plus (08-01-2022),Roy Tucker (08-01-2022),Tom Servo (08-01-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Is there a way to get notifications? The big issue I see is unless you are stalking a thread you will not be notified that someone quoted your post?

Ditto for when someone likes your post.
    I believe the only notifications vBulletin provides is for threads in which you've subscribed. I know there aren't any notifications for liked posts, as that's not a stock vBulletin feature but functionality we implemented via an after market addon.

I'm getting ads, I need to give you money to get rid of the ads

Can yo refresh us on that process?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    I'm getting ads, I need to give you money to get rid of the ads

Can yo refresh us on that process?

Thanks
    Sure - I probably need to post an updated thread on the process, but there's a stickied thread in this forum with instructions. Alternatively, the below link should take you there. Thanks for subscribing.

http://www.redszone.com/forums/payments.php

9. Likes:

westofyou (03-17-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    Sure - I probably need to post an updated thread on the process, but there's a stickied thread in this forum with instructions. Alternatively, the below link should take you there. Thanks for subscribing.

http://www.redszone.com/forums/payments.php
    Thanks Boss

In a perfect world I see a Smartsheet with user names that looks at last login date and sends them info.

That's just the macro view.

Thanks Boss

In a perfect world I see a Smartsheet with user names that looks at last login date and sends them info.

That's just the macro view.
    My understanding is that the software should've sent a reminder to the email address associated with subscribers' account to advise that a renewal is approaching.

I keep trying to hotlink images from Twitter, but they don't show up when the page is rendered. The latest image I tried was this one: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Frx-bQwa...jpg?name=small

Any idea what is going on?
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    I keep trying to hotlink images from Twitter, but they don't show up when the page is rendered. The latest image I tried was this one: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Frx-bQwa...jpg?name=small

Any idea what is going on?
    My guess is the software doesn't recognize it as an image (even though clicking the link takes you to one) since the link doesn't end in jpg, gif, png, etc, so it displays as a link rather than an embedded image. Has this functionality previously worked, or is this the first time you've tried attaching a link in this format?

It looks like taking the ?name=small out of the URL worked, as it's now recognized as an image, so I believe my guess in the above post is correct:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Frx-bQwakAEMgIl.jpg

It looks like taking the ?name=small out of the URL worked, as it's now recognized as an image, so I believe my guess in the above post is correct:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Frx-bQwakAEMgIl.jpg
    Thanks. I try that. But being able to post the smaller image would be good as it helps with readability. Being able to set image size would help with that too.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Thanks. I try that. But being able to post the smaller image would be good as it helps with readability. Being able to set image size would help with that too.
    Unfortunately, I think that's a limitation of using older forum software. You can try saving and uploading the image to see if it allows you to set it to a specified size (or a thumbnail), but I can't really think of any other options that would allow it to work the way you're expecting it to.

Unfortunately, I think that's a limitation of using older forum software. You can try saving and uploading the image to see if it allows you to set it to a specified size (or a thumbnail), but I can't really think of any other options that would allow it to work the way you're expecting it to.
    Yeah that's usually what I do... run through image software and resize. Sometimes that's just not feasible though. Anyway, it is what it is. Thanks for the feedback.

18. Likes:

Boss-Hog (03-22-2023)

When I use my VPN for work I can't get into Redszone. I received a message that the site cannot send a secure connection

When I don't use vpn it's no problem

Boom then it worked, nevermind
    Last edited by westofyou; 11-16-2023 at 04:44 PM.

When I use my VPN for work I can't get into Redszone. I received a message that the site cannot send a secure connection

When I don't use vpn it's no problem

Boom then it worked, nevermind
    If it happens again, send me a PM with the IP address of the device connected through the VPN, and I'll pass it along to our host to see if it's being blocked.

Turn Off Ads?