Turn Off Ads?
Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 10505657585960

Thread: Site Feedback/Questions

Re: Site Feedback/Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    With all the pop ups on this site, a new one has appeared recently. Anyone know anything about this blue box:

Attachment 21115
    I could be wrong, but that doesn't look like an ad or pop up from the site to me.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    I could be wrong, but that doesn't look like an ad or pop up from the site to me.
    I only get it on this site so I don't know where it's coming from either. Thought I'd present it here

It's currently on my screen too, and only on this site.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LeatherPants View Post
    Name:  Screenshot 2024-04-18 081335.png
Views: 13
Size:  114.2 KB

5. Likes:

Sea Ray (Today)

- - - Updated - - -

Glad It wasn't just me seeing things...It's been on my screen for about a week

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for confirming; that placement makes more sense than where the one in Sea Ray's screenshot appears. I recently received an email from Google, who's responsible for supplying the ads, about a new type of ad, and I confirmed this is one of those types. As a result, you may see them on other sites in the future that use Google's ads.

Ad intents automatically finds and converts existing text on your page into links or places anchors that appear at the bottom of your page based on your content and what your users may be interested in. This helps show highly-relevant ads that don't rely on third-party cookies.

Thanks for confirming; that placement makes more sense than where the one in Sea Ray's screenshot appears. I recently received an email from Google, who's responsible for supplying the ads, about a new type of ad, and I confirmed this is one of those types. As a result, you may see them on other sites in the future that use Google's ads.
    These ads are getting more intrusive, especially here on RZ. In this case, you can't get rid of them and it sometimes blocks content. The ads already got so bad that they'll pop up and completely fill your screen. You have to literally click out of it just so you can see the RZ content again. That said, right now as I type this, the blue box is not on my screen but it was a half hour ago

These ads are getting more intrusive, especially here on RZ. In this case, you can't get rid of them and it sometimes blocks content. The ads already got so bad that they'll pop up and completely fill your screen. You have to literally click out of it just so you can see the RZ content again. That said, right now as I type this, the blue box is not on my screen but it was a half hour ago
    The only thing that should've been a recent change is the new ad type (the blue box). Otherwise, you've already made it clear on multiple occasions that you don't like the ads and/or their frequency.

The only thing that should've been a recent change is the new ad type (the blue box). Otherwise, you've already made it clear on multiple occasions that you don't like the ads and/or their frequency.
    My point is it's getting worse rather than better. There are workarounds. I'll use the Brave browser more and more when using this site

My point is it's getting worse rather than better. There are workarounds. I'll use the Brave browser more and more when using this site
    Like I mentioned, the only thing that should've changed recently was the new type of ads, which are the ones that appear in the blue box. I don't think I ever gave you the impression they were going to get "better", short of someone choosing to subscribe. You may not like the ads, but they do serve an important purpose in that they keep the site running; it costs money to do so.

12. Likes:

LeatherPants (Today),westofyou (Today)

Turn Off Ads?