Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Site Feedback/Questions

Re: Site Feedback/Questions

One member was kind and honest enough to point out that there was a flaw that was allowing anyone who was requesting ORG access to join the group directly and immediately begin posting. This is not how the system is supposed to work - a user is able to put in a request to join (i.e. an application) via their user CP and then GIK or I will ensure the user meets all the minimum criteria before creating a poll in the appropriate forum. As a result, I have temporarily disabled the ability to request membership until I have a bit of time to ensure that part of the system is working 100% correctly and removed any users who were able to take advantage of this flaw.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    Suggestion on RedsZone Gathering....

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showp...&postcount=242
    Thanks, RBA. I probably should have posted that here. Didn't think at the time.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    Still not letting me. Do I seriously have to go through more obstacles made to keep away "trolls"? I've been here forever
    I agree 100% with you.

I've been reading and posting for ~1.5 years and usually stick to the
    'Old Red Guard' forum. Now I've been kicked out.

Screw it. If I'm not good enough to post on the Old Reds Guard forum I'll just quit posting at all. I put up with lots of B.S. at work. I don't need it in my hobbies which are supposed to be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    Still not letting me. Do I seriously have to go through more obstacles made to keep away "trolls"? I've been here forever
    Not to complain but I have to agree with what TS said. There are probably quite a few people that gained ORG status in the old format who, I would think, deserve ORG posting privileges in the new set up.

I think, like TS, I am a prime example. I have been a member since May 2001, just over 300 rep points in the old system, over 1100 posts. However I am not a frequent poster because I am busy with school and other things. I am more of a reader who gives a comment only when I feel strongly about a subject.

I do think the new system will be beneficial to keep better discussion and less of the "he sucks" type threads that seemed to be happening more and more often.

What does it mean that ORG members are restricted from the Sundeck....i read that as they are not allowed to post there....don't get me wrong I want ORG guys in there (I think I've seen them in there), but I'm just trying to figure out what it means.
    Last edited by kaldaniels; 05-21-2007 at 01:15 PM.

Just a question but was there a problem with the old system? I wasn't in the ORG (yet), but I was getting close. I've been a member here for a long time but I don't post often and am more of a lurker anyway, but I thought the rep system worked quite well. Was the rep getting out of hand? Or being abused by some to "game" the system? Was the mixing of Red's Live with ORG posters causing a lowest common denominator? Or were you just borred this weekend and needed something else to take flak for.

Please don't take this as criticism I'm just curious as to what led to the decision. The announcement only stated what was changed it didn't really address the why it changed.

I am another of those who was demoted (700-some posts, ~360 rep points). Sure I'm disappointed but like EdE, I plan to tear it up in AAA, aka the Sun Deck, and be back up with the Big Club before too long.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

I have no problem with having to "pay my dues" to get back into the ORG...however, it'd be nice if all ORG old members had been allowed in the new ORG, with a strict swift no tolerance of flame/trolling. We could clean house easy and quick in that way if you ask me...otherwise yes, some valuable posters will slip thru the cracks.

That said, not my site, not my rules...but this is just my opinion on the issue on a thread meant for that.

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    I am another of those who was demoted (700-some posts, ~360 rep points). Sure I'm disappointed but like EdE, I plan to tear it up in AAA, aka the Sun Deck, and be back up with the Big Club before too long.
    I like your attitude Rich!
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

On the brink of disaster

As mentioned above, I clicked the join ORG option and it let me right in too. I did not post or anything, since I figured something was up. I was also in ORG before the changes. I see how some people are upset about it, but I for one welcome these changes. Honestly I don't think the rep system was the best way to seperate everybody, I received negative rep on one occasion where it was just because the person was tired of hearing jokes about a past GM. It wasn't inappropriate or anything. Anyway, my point is, hopefully this method doesn't give too much power to people who will abuse it. If you are like me and are now not allowed into ORG, just keep your head up and keep posting responsibly and be courteous. Lets just hope the system works.

Well said. At first I was shocked that ORG had been taken away from me, having just gained access to the club this month, but then I realized most of my posts were in Reds Live anyway. I still get to read the ORG and don't really miss too much. Maybe one day I can play with the big kids, but for now, I'll take the other side of the fence.
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

In a little over 2 months, I will have been here FIVE (5!) years. What kind of weird popularity contest did I lose to not get picked for ORG? I know I'm probably coming off as "whining" (because I am ) but jeez, what component did I miss out on to not make it?

Sorry about all of my cry baby posts, but Redszone is one of the sites I regularly visit and follow. For a little constructive criticism, "double posts" are going to be a big problem now, with one thread needed on each forum. Seems like that would be a big waste of space for those paying for bandwidth.

Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    I agree 100% with you.

I've been reading and posting for ~1.5 years and usually stick to the
    'Old Red Guard' forum. Now I've been kicked out.

Screw it. If I'm not good enough to post on the Old Reds Guard forum I'll just quit posting at all. I put up with lots of B.S. at work. I don't need it in my hobbies which are supposed to be fun.

Word.

I'd rather mope and complain like Ears.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Too bad Boss or GIK will try to move you to 1st base or maybe even Leftfield. Better watch your errors.

Sucks to be you.

Turn Off Ads?