Turn Off Ads?
Page 42 of 52 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 616 to 630 of 777

Thread: Site Feedback/Questions

  1. #616
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    20,581

    Re: Site Feedback/Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Autosave

    I've been having issues with replying to posts. Mainly in the autosave function of the reply eating up memory as I try to type, causing long lags in the text committing itself to the paper (so to speak) anyone else having this issue?

    Is autosave causing this? I think so, but I can't prove it other than within Chrome I have the crappiest time replying lately on all my boxes, at work, at home. Is it possible there is a memory leak with the current configuration?
    I too have this problem in Chrome and it happens on all three computers I use, encompassing Win 7 and XP. Not all the time but often enough to chime in here

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #617
    TyrannoSuarez Wrecks WrongVerb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Monterey, CA
    Posts
    15,114

    Re: Site Feedback/Questions

    Is it me or is every image that's posted getting resized to rather large proportions? Check out lineup image from the game thread from 7/18.
    Gratitude + Forgiveness = Happiness

  4. Likes:

    Ron Madden (07-20-2016)

  5. #618
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    20,581

    Re: Site Feedback/Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Autosave

    I've been having issues with replying to posts. Mainly in the autosave function of the reply eating up memory as I try to type, causing long lags in the text committing itself to the paper (so to speak) anyone else having this issue?

    Is autosave causing this? I think so, but I can't prove it other than within Chrome I have the crappiest time replying lately on all my boxes, at work, at home. Is it possible there is a memory leak with the current configuration?
    It seems to generally be followed with a message announcing a crashing of Flash Player and a re-load.

  6. Likes:

    Ron Madden (07-20-2016),westofyou (07-19-2016)

  7. #619
    Member SteelSD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    9,890

    Re: Site Feedback/Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Autosave

    I've been having issues with replying to posts. Mainly in the autosave function of the reply eating up memory as I try to type, causing long lags in the text committing itself to the paper (so to speak) anyone else having this issue?

    Is autosave causing this? I think so, but I can't prove it other than within Chrome I have the crappiest time replying lately on all my boxes, at work, at home. Is it possible there is a memory leak with the current configuration?
    I'm seeing that issue, too, woy. I don't know if it's related to the auto-save function, but I do know that most of the time I experience it, it's when I receive a video advertisement at the bottom of my screen with audio. A few times, a "Movies" (can't remember the actual title) slips over the top of the video and brings my browser to a halt. As Sea Ray mentioned, that's often followed by a "Shockwave has crashed" message.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

    "The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

  8. Likes:

    Ron Madden (07-20-2016),westofyou (07-20-2016)

  9. #620
    Member Ron Madden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    10,867

    Re: Site Feedback/Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Is it me or is every image that's posted getting resized to rather large proportions? Check out lineup image from the game thread from 7/18.
    I've been having this problem for about two weeks

  10. #621
    Member Ron Madden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    10,867

    Re: Site Feedback/Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Autosave

    I've been having issues with replying to posts. Mainly in the autosave function of the reply eating up memory as I try to type, causing long lags in the text committing itself to the paper (so to speak) anyone else having this issue?

    Is autosave causing this? I think so, but I can't prove it other than within Chrome I have the crappiest time replying lately on all my boxes, at work, at home. Is it possible there is a memory leak with the current configuration?
    I've been having this problem for about two weeks now.

  11. #622
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    20,581

    Re: Site Feedback/Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    I'm seeing that issue, too, woy. I don't know if it's related to the auto-save function, but I do know that most of the time I experience it, it's when I receive a video advertisement at the bottom of my screen with audio. A few times, a "Movies" (can't remember the actual title) slips over the top of the video and brings my browser to a halt. As Sea Ray mentioned, that's often followed by a "Shockwave has crashed" message.
    This problem continues. It seems that something on RZ is very busy long after a page has loaded. In the bottom left corner I'm seeing "connecting" over and over again followed by words like spotxchange. I'm finding the way to combat it is to close out of RZ and re-load the site but that doesn't necessarily mean it won't happen again.

  12. #623
    Administrator Boss-Hog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    6,130

    Re: Site Feedback/Questions

    Just as a heads up, I'm not purposely ignoring these posts - I'm just not sure exactly what the problem is or how to solve it. Any additional information is appreciated.

  13. Likes:

    marcshoe (08-10-2016)

  14. #624
    breath westofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    49,280

    Re: Site Feedback/Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    Just as a heads up, I'm not purposely ignoring these posts - I'm just not sure exactly what the problem is or how to solve it. Any additional information is appreciated.
    Might be...... outdated Flash engines having issues with the ad server

    I saw that issue on Baseball Reference

  15. Likes:

    Boss-Hog (08-10-2016),marcshoe (08-10-2016)

  16. #625
    Member membengal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    12,430

    Re: Site Feedback/Questions

    The problem is any time ads that have moving pictures are running. Makes the site slow to a crawl on my end. Practically unusable.

  17. Likes:

    Boss-Hog (08-15-2016),jimbo (08-15-2016),Newport Red (08-15-2016),westofyou (08-15-2016)

  18. #626
    breath westofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    49,280

    Re: Site Feedback/Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    The problem is any time ads that have moving pictures are running. Makes the site slow to a crawl on my end. Practically unusable.
    Yep, the adserver is a resource hog and freezes up the reply window and crashes the shockwave plugin for me

  19. #627
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    20,581

    Re: Site Feedback/Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Yep, the adserver is a resource hog and freezes up the reply window and crashes the shockwave plugin for me
    It does more than freeze up the reply window for me. It freezes my ability to scroll through a thread.

  20. #628
    Member 919191's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    the corner bar
    Posts
    3,919

    Re: Site Feedback/Questions

    Most of the tech talk here is gibberish to me, so what I have to add may not be relevant, but recently I started using Firefox as I have Vista and Chrome isn't supported anymore. 1000 % improvement. And not just here. Other sites. And the car runs better. And the kids listen better. The boss thinks I am smarter. And I think Marty ma even start to rave on Votto's obp.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

  21. #629
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    20,581

    Re: Site Feedback/Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by 919191 View Post
    Most of the tech talk here is gibberish to me, so what I have to add may not be relevant, but recently I started using Firefox as I have Vista and Chrome isn't supported anymore. 1000 % improvement. And not just here. Other sites. And the car runs better. And the kids listen better. The boss thinks I am smarter. And I think Marty ma even start to rave on Votto's obp.
    What about IE? Is our problem limited to Chrome or is IE just as bad?

  22. #630
    TyrannoSuarez Wrecks WrongVerb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Monterey, CA
    Posts
    15,114

    Re: Site Feedback/Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by 919191 View Post
    Most of the tech talk here is gibberish to me, so what I have to add may not be relevant, but recently I started using Firefox as I have Vista and Chrome isn't supported anymore. 1000 % improvement. And not just here. Other sites. And the car runs better. And the kids listen better. The boss thinks I am smarter. And I think Marty ma even start to rave on Votto's obp.
    I noticed you left "better looking" out of that list.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    What about IE? Is our problem limited to Chrome or is IE just as bad?
    Worse. Whatever the subject, IE is always worse.
    Gratitude + Forgiveness = Happiness

  23. Likes:

    919191 (08-17-2016)


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | Kinsm | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator