Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else rather be in the Sun Deck?

Old Red Guard Reject

Anyone else rather be in the Sun Deck?

Hey, apparently along with many other posters, I have lost my status as an ORG poster. Some may be angry at this and be disappointed, but I'd rather be in the Sun Deck myself. I find that the dialogue is much more candid and more like what you would find at the park. Different people and many different opinions. Anyone else rather be in the Sun Deck?
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Senor Votto

Re: Anyone else rather be in the Sun Deck?

I would rather have access to both forums but I can live with the Sun Deck if I must. I'll miss the Game Threads though so I guess I'll have to go to the chat during the games to discuss what's going on.

I HATE not being able to post on both forums.... I don't like being able to read stuff and not be able to give my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    I HATE not being able to post on both forums.... I don't like being able to read stuff and not be able to give my opinion.
    Me too. It's hard for me to read something that I disagree with and not have the right to refute it (in ANY forum).

I think I may have to NOT read the Sun Deck forum, as I know it's going to become frustrating.

I do think there should be a game thread in each forum.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone View Post
    Me too. It's hard for me to read something that I disagree with and not have the right to refute it (in ANY forum).

I think I may have to NOT read the Sun Deck forum, as I know it's going to become frustrating.

If you can't reply there's no sense in even entering the forum.

I'm waiting for Natty Redlocks to compose a song called 'Sun Deck" to the tune of Gordon Lightfoot's 'Sundown'.

Of course, Natty's gonna have to dig up the file on Napster to do it......

Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Originally posted by TeamSelig

There's no question it's completely strange too me. I have yet to even try to post, so I don't know where I am able to post. But I am not gonna like not having the ability to post my opinion on a thread. Oh well, we will see how it goes, my guess is not very well. But I sorta understand the logic behind making some type of move, I just don't feel this is the right one.

Check that I must be ON DECK because I no longer have an Avatar. Hmmm, that really makes me wonder?
    Last edited by Mario-Rijo; 05-21-2007 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Add a thought!
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    If you can't reply there's no sense in even entering the forum.
    OTOH, if you don't enter the other forum how do you judge the quality of posts made by people who apply or get nominated for admission into ORG?

Sorry if I'm not supposed to have details on this topic since I never had access to ORG, but did some sort of Survivor type voting off occur to send people down to only Sun Deck posting capabilites with this board change?

Yeah, it's too bad we can't reply in both forums...I'll miss Reds Live.
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    “I’m a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball.” - Sean Casey

I dont understand what happened. It said for access the ORG you could go to user CP then go to groups or something and get approved if you met the criteria. So I did that made one post in ORG then got my privilages revoked again.

I dont really know why there cant be 2 game threads if we cant post in the ORG. The chat is alright but I would rather have the game thread available to post in.
    Cincinnati Reds
    VOTTO

"Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

I am going to miss the all negative points from the elites... one person in particular saved some up in the off season just for me. He is a very thoughtful, nurturing person. I kind of liked having every one of my posts scrutinized by this hole.
    "I notice that I'm throwing hard when I hear the crowd gasping," - Chapman

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCasey View Post
    Ok thanks, but I dont really know why they are calling it a "flaw" like I intended to cheat the system to get in the ORG. This "flaw" was stated in how you can gain access to the ORG.

"Members may also apply for access to The Old Red Guard via their User Control Panel under “Group Memberships”. If a user chooses to apply for Old Red Guard access instead of being nominated by an existing member, these users must be registered a minimum six months and have a minimum 200 posts."

In reading this I thought the applying consisted of being a member for 6 months and having at least 200 posts.

Maybe I just read your link wrong now that I go back and look at it again though. Just because Boss said he removed any members taking advantage of this flaw doesnt really consist of him saying I cheated the system. Sorry, just been a rough day overall.
    Last edited by keeganbrick; 05-21-2007 at 06:12 PM.
    Cincinnati Reds
    VOTTO

Quote Originally Posted by keeganbrick View Post
    Ok thanks, but I dont really know why they are calling it a "flaw" like I intended to cheat the system to get in the ORG. This "flaw" was stated in how you can gain access to the ORG.

"Members may also apply for access to The Old Red Guard via their User Control Panel under “Group Memberships”. If a user chooses to apply for Old Red Guard access instead of being nominated by an existing member, these users must be registered a minimum six months and have a minimum 200 posts."

In reading this I thought the applying consisted of being a member for 6 months and having at least 200 posts.

Maybe I just read your link wrong now that I go back and look at it again though. Just because Boss said he removed any members taking advantage of this flaw doesnt really consist of him saying I cheated the system. Sorry, just been a rough day overall.
    It was a flaw in that users could join the ORG group without application/voting ( not that they were purposely trying to do that). I know that you didn't try to cheat the system - based on the provided vB documentation, I was expecting all users who applied to be placed into a queue pending moderator approval. Instead, however, once someone tried to join the group, they were immediately part of the group. I'm working right now on finding out how to get it to function the way we intended.

Turn Off Ads?