Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else rather be in the Sun Deck?

Re: Anyone else rather be in the Sun Deck?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    Have you sat in the Sun Deck?

First, they aren't the "Cheap Seats". Ticket prices are in the 18-20 dollar range.

The Sun Deck is named for a very popular area of Crosely Field, and the area in the new park is modeled after that.

In the Sun Deck Area, fans can walk around freely, and hang out under the power stacks. It comes in handy on those 90 degree days because of the cooling mist that sprays you, but doesn't quite get you wet.

I sit there every chance I get, and I'll bet that view from atop the batter's eye is spectacular.

The way I see it, The Sun Deck is a pretty cool name. Hardly meant to deride or chastize.
    No, only at REDSZONE do I sit in the Sun Deck...

Let me tell you this, those seats (the Sun Deck) are always cheaper -- and guess why, they aren't as good as the field box seats or seats anywhere else in the entire stadium. I can't believe I have to explain that to someone.

Knock yourself out sitting in the sun deck in real life. I'll be sitting in the filed box seats about ten rows up from the batter's box. Everytime, everywhere -- except at REDSZONE...

Let's get this thread back on topic, please.

Quote Originally Posted by peterose00 View Post
    No, only at REDSZONE do I sit in the Sun Deck...

Let me tell you this, those seats (the Sun Deck) are always cheaper -- and guess why, they aren't as good as the field box seats or seats anywhere else in the entire stadium. I can't believe I have to explain that to someone.

Knock yourself out sitting in the sun deck in real life. I'll be sitting in the filed box seats about ten rows up from the batter's box. Everytime, everywhere -- except at REDSZONE...

Case in point.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    To those in the Sun Deck... you might be interested to know that a few of us in the ORG wanted to be "left behind" (so to speak) on whatever Reds Live! would become to not only post there but to mentor those to get into ORG. Even tho' I was a ORG member from the beginning, I posted more on Reds Live! because I wanted everyone to respond to my post - esp. when I was giving away extra promotions.

Just be grateful that Boss and GIK didn't take to heart my suggestion two years ago when ORG and Reds Live! were split... I told them to trash the place - it was their baby and they wouldn't make everyone happy no matter what they do - why bother with the headaches? [I'm also saying that now, FWTW... ]
    Why do I feel ike Albert Brooks in "Defending Your Life" -- just another "little brain" back here in the Sun Deck.

I bet BossHog uses 53% of his brain up there in The Old Red Guard.

Can SunDeck members have our own moderators???? Would that be possible?

I don't think its fair to have big brain ORG members moderating our messy posts.

You know, TeamSelig, I felt a bit sorry for you in the beginning. I'm not crazy about some of the changes either, but.... enough is enough! You're waaaaay overdoing it.

I have NEVER put anyone on my Ignore List... but I'm getting ready to press the button.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Not that it would effect me at all, but I'll apologize and keep you from having to do it. Sorry, I am just a little angry that my favorite forum ever has been dismantled and basically ruined. As much as I've ranted about not liking the changes, I've held back alot. It just cracks me up how some can become so elitest on here, when in all reality, it is simply a message forum for Reds fans to talk about random occurences throughout the season and seasons end. I know the whole saying --- you don't like it, don't come here anymore. I guess thats what its all coming to.

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

I still don't see the big deal. We STILL get to post about the Cincinnati Reds, still get to chat, still get to debate with each other, still get to talk about non-baseball related stuff.

I was not in ORG status before the change and I am not now. No big deal. Now lets play some ball!
    Witty signature.

Just today, I saw a thread in the Sun Deck that I wanted to join in on. I couldn't. It was an interesting discussion, too.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    Just today, I saw a thread in the Sun Deck that I wanted to join in on. I couldn't. It was an interesting discussion, too.
    Then add it towards a new thread at ORG.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    Then add it towards a new thread at ORG.
    Copy and paste an entire discussion, then don't discuss the topic with the people whose opinions interested me in the first place? That's no answer.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Me too... it's a shame.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Copy and paste an entire discussion, then don't discuss the topic with the people whose opinions interested me in the first place? That's no answer.
    No, just start a part of the conversation where you think it's interesting and make an new thread in ORG.

That's all.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Turn Off Ads?