Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Those Who Lost Old Red Guard Access

Re: Those Who Lost Old Red Guard Access

Quote Originally Posted by MaineRed View Post
    I find this new system to be a sham.

Folks who don't have access to ORG are supposed to continue to post on Sundeck while waiting to be voted into ORG by people who have no reason to be reading the post on Sundeck (they can't reply so why even go there)?

So how is anyone who folks don't know supposed to ever get voted into ORG? The whole system is contingent on ORG members paying attention to what is going on in a forum they can't post at. It is crazy.
    I keep my eye on the SD.... A good post will get noticed and remembered IMHO.

Maybe a flaw in the new system is that the poster doesn't necesarily know if their posts are impressing those in the ORG since ORG members can't post in the SD. SD members won't necesarily know if their posts are resonating.
    Last edited by jojo; 05-28-2007 at 11:30 PM.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaineRed View Post
    Folks who don't have access to ORG are supposed to continue to post on Sundeck while waiting to be voted into ORG by people who have no reason to be reading the post on Sundeck (they can't reply so why even go there)?

So how is anyone who folks don't know supposed to ever get voted into ORG? The whole system is contingent on ORG members paying attention to what is going on in a forum they can't post at. It is crazy.
    I quoted this because I wanted to point this out.

I've noticed since last week this sincerely has become the truth. I was an avid user of the "new posts" search, but after half a dozen times of threads popping up on the Sun Deck that I couldn't comment on, I've stopped using it and now only go to ORG/Minor League Forum & Non Baseball Threads - so in essense I don't plan on reading SD posts anymore to essentially stop wasting my time on stuff I can't comment on. I'm sure I'm not the only one and over time this will get more prolific. Not making a judgment in either direction about the new board setup, but I wanted to at least pass this along.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19 View Post

I've noticed since last week this sincerely has become the truth. I was an avid user of the "new posts" search, but after half a dozen times of threads popping up on the Sun Deck that I couldn't comment on, I've stopped using it and now only go to ORG/Minor League Forum & Non Baseball Threads - so in essense I don't plan on reading SD posts anymore to essentially stop wasting my time on stuff I can't comment on. I'm sure I'm not the only one and over time this will get more prolific. Not making a judgment in either direction about the new board setup, but I wanted to at least pass this along.
    I think for alot of members this might be the case. I too have been frustrated a couple of times because there was a particular point that I really wanted to comment on in the SD.

That being said, I can't help myself. If there is good baseball commentary going on, i'm going to read it.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    That being said, I can't help myself. If there is good baseball commentary going on, i'm going to read it.
    You'll be in the minority IMO.

This system seems designed to do one thing, keep a small number of posters (about 10% of what was Redszone) in one place. There is no way you can ask folks to police a board they can't post at. I'll say it again, crazy.

I don't check SD as often as I checked RL. However, I still read some. Doesn't take as much effort to read, if you can't respond. I look for the well developed threads, and read thru them.

You can also read and contribute to the minor league forum, where anyone can contribute.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone View Post
    Rest assured, a whole lot of ORG members still read threads on the Sun Deck.
    Again, some of you may have time to peruse through threads you can't post in, not to mention having the desire to do so but I don't believe the collection is as big as you make it out to be nor do I believe it is a practice that will last.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19 View Post

You are not alone----in either actions or opinion.

Rem

This is for all the posters thats still mad over the changes and are thinking about leaving.

please listen to what im about to say. When I first joined this site I seen that I was only allowed to post in what was Red live back then.Man I was really upset b/c I thought the samething that alot are now thinking.I thought like they was treating us like a bunch of misfits.Guys,I can honestly tell you that I handled that situation all wrong and I really paid for my actions b/c I turned everybody on this board againist me.I deserved all the critisism that they were giving me b/c it was ALL MY FAULT b/c I handled it all wrong.

I started thinking to myself after I seen almost everybody on the board did'nt like me very much b/c of the way I was acting and I would'nt quit arguing over the rep points.I sat back and thought for hours man how could I have acted this bad on a reds messageboard b/c I threatened to leave and everything.Well I sat my butt back down that same night and got back on this site.I told my self That I had to start all over to win everybodys respect back b/c I knew everybody was upset at me.That night I started typing like it was my first post and I did'nt care if I could'nt post on the ORG b/c I knew sooner or later I would be good enough to get to post in ORG.

You know what? Thats exactly what I done and I quickly won back all the posters respect that was once P Oed at me and I made it to the ORG forum.Well after the sudden changes the other day I found myself upset again b/c I felt I had already proved myself that I was ORG material b/c I was already posting on there and I can honestly say I thought everything I done went down the drain and all that hard work that I done was all for nothing.Then I thought hey I have already beat this up hill climb once already to earn the respect from all the ORG posters so I WILL JUST DO IT AGAIN AND I WILL. So the main thing Im trying to tell everybody that is mad,upset,quit posting or even went to another board(come back) is to not leave the board.Give this changes a chance!! Look at it as a goal that you are trying to accomplish b/c take it from me you all can beat it(I DID ONCE AND WILL AGAIN) and if I can do it I know you all can. So don't leave please stay b/c this board is a great site and it will be even better if you all stay.
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

Quote Originally Posted by WVPacman View Post
    This is for all the posters thats still mad over the changes and are thinking about leaving.

please listen to what im about to say. When I first joined this site I seen that I was only allowed to post in what was Red live back then.Man I was really upset b/c I thought the samething that alot are now thinking.I thought like they was treating us like a bunch of misfits.Guys,I can honestly tell you that I handled that situation all wrong and I really paid for my actions b/c I turned everybody on this board againist me.I deserved all the critisism that they were giving me b/c it was ALL MY FAULT b/c I handled it all wrong.

I started thinking to myself after I seen almost everybody on the board did'nt like me very much b/c of the way I was acting and I would'nt quit arguing over the rep points.I sat back and thought for hours man how could I have acted this bad on a reds messageboard b/c I threatened to leave and everything.Well I sat my butt back down that same night and got back on this site.I told my self That I had to start all over to win everybodys respect back b/c I knew everybody was upset at me.That night I started typing like it was my first post and I did'nt care if I could'nt post on the ORG b/c I knew sooner or later I would be good enough to get to post in ORG.

You know what? Thats exactly what I done and I quickly won back all the posters respect that was once P Oed at me and I made it to the ORG forum.Well after the sudden changes the other day I found myself upset again b/c I felt I had already proved myself that I was ORG material b/c I was already posting on there and I can honestly say I thought everything I done went down the drain and all that hard work that I done was all for nothing.Then I thought hey I have already beat this up hill climb once already to earn the respect from all the ORG posters so I WILL JUST DO IT AGAIN AND I WILL. So the main thing Im trying to tell everybody that is mad,upset,quit posting or even went to another board(come back) is to not leave the board.Give this changes a chance!! Look at it as a goal that you are trying to accomplish b/c take it from me you all can beat it(I DID ONCE AND WILL AGAIN) and if I can do it I know you all can. So don't leave please stay b/c this board is a great site and it will be even better if you all stay.
    This pandering wouldn't have anything to do with you being currently up for a vote would it?

Rem

Quote Originally Posted by remdog View Post
    This pandering wouldn't have anything to do with you being currently up for a vote would it?

Rem
    Not at all bud, I just want all these posters to know they can do anything if you put your mind to it.I don't want them to leave just b/c of the changes!!

Quote Originally Posted by remdog View Post

Rem
    Instead of trying to read between the lines and find a hidden agenda, how about just taking the man for his word?

Besides, how does someone know they are currently up for vote? I was under the impression you would not be notified.
    Last edited by jimbo; 05-29-2007 at 12:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Instead of trying to read between the lines and finding a hidden agenda, how about just taking the man for his word?

Besides, how does someone know they are currently up for vote? I was under the impression you would not be notified.

Don't worry about it bud,can't please everybody. Im just trying to convince the posters to stay.

Ok, obviously I have been denied on my first request to get in.

Do you think it's even possible to be noticed enough to make up the gap of votes in 3 months? Is there anyway I can find out what the final vote was/what I need to improve?

nm
    Last edited by SandyD; 05-29-2007 at 01:26 AM.

reds44, check your PMs.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Turn Off Ads?